XP - A new approach for Editors
- I got this personal note today from the Editor in Chief of several trade
journals I cover for my clients - it's a promo for a seminar, and it
promises (or seems to) face-to-face contact at that seminar.
I find it fascinating that publications are hurting so bad that the editors
are now pushing for revenue - and they're reaching out to PR folks like us
in doing that (though, truth be told, I imagine all subscribers to all of
his magazines got this note). Still, it's an appeal a PR guy finds hard to
turn down, eh?
Any of you seen anything like this?
Ned Barnett, APR
Marketing/PR Fellow, American Hospital Association
Barnett Marketing Communications
420 N. Nellis Blvd. A3-276
Las Vegas NV 89110
702-696-1200 - ned@...
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 7:01 AM
To: Ned Barnett
Subject: Next Month's Meeting
Image removed by sender.
I was hoping to meet you in person at next month's (seminar name) July 22-23
at the Sheraton Gateway Suites near Chicago's O'Hare Airport.
Are you planning on attending?
As Editorial Director of "(publications) I believe there's more opportunity
than ever before for a CPA firm to embrace financial planning services.
Clients who trust you to plan and prepare their taxes are now more willing
to seek advice on investment planning and wealth management in these
unstable economic times.
Next month's summit offers CPAs multiple opportunities such as:
* How to get into financial planning- the nuts & bolts of adding FP
services to your existing practice
* If you're already offering financial planning, how to make it more
* Expert advice from CPAs who've become successful financial planners
and how to follow in their footsteps.
* Tips on selecting the best technology on the market without
* How to market your financial planning practice: Perception is
* What the future holds for CPAs. What you must know in preparation
for success in 2010.
* The dynamics of dealing with multi-generation investors.
* Get a preview of the investment opportunities in this economic
crisis and what they mean to your clients.
* Share your knowledge and experience in a series of roundtable
* Complimentary cocktail reception for peer-to-peer networking.
CPAs asked us to hold this event over the summer, when executives like you
would be able to attend. You can also earn 14 CPE/CE credits.
I know travel and training budgets have been cut, so to help you and your
colleagues take advantage of this event we are offering our loyal
subscribers a 2-for-1 special if you book by June 19th at the latest. To
take advantage of this offer please contact account rep (contact info)
So please let me know if I can expect to meet you at the event. To see more
details on the agenda and review the list of expert presenters, please view
our website at: I hope you will consider attending. If there's anything I
can do to facilitate us meeting at the event, please let me know. Many
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]