XP - A new approach for Editors

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2009
      I got this personal note today from the Editor in Chief of several trade
      journals I cover for my clients - it's a promo for a seminar, and it
      promises (or seems to) face-to-face contact at that seminar.

      I find it fascinating that publications are hurting so bad that the editors
      are now pushing for revenue - and they're reaching out to PR folks like us
      in doing that (though, truth be told, I imagine all subscribers to all of
      his magazines got this note). Still, it's an appeal a PR guy finds hard to
      turn down, eh?

      Any of you seen anything like this?

      Ned Barnett, APR

      Marketing/PR Fellow, American Hospital Association

      Barnett Marketing Communications

      420 N. Nellis Blvd. A3-276

      Las Vegas NV 89110

      702-696-1200 - ned@...

      Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 7:01 AM
      To: Ned Barnett
      Subject: Next Month's Meeting

      Image removed by sender.

      I was hoping to meet you in person at next month's (seminar name) July 22-23
      at the Sheraton Gateway Suites near Chicago's O'Hare Airport.
      Are you planning on attending?

      As Editorial Director of "(publications) I believe there's more opportunity
      than ever before for a CPA firm to embrace financial planning services.
      Clients who trust you to plan and prepare their taxes are now more willing
      to seek advice on investment planning and wealth management in these
      unstable economic times.

      Next month's summit offers CPAs multiple opportunities such as:

      * How to get into financial planning- the nuts & bolts of adding FP
      services to your existing practice
      * If you're already offering financial planning, how to make it more
      * Expert advice from CPAs who've become successful financial planners
      and how to follow in their footsteps.
      * Tips on selecting the best technology on the market without
      * How to market your financial planning practice: Perception is
      * What the future holds for CPAs. What you must know in preparation
      for success in 2010.
      * The dynamics of dealing with multi-generation investors.
      * Get a preview of the investment opportunities in this economic
      crisis and what they mean to your clients.
      * Share your knowledge and experience in a series of roundtable
      * Complimentary cocktail reception for peer-to-peer networking.

      CPAs asked us to hold this event over the summer, when executives like you
      would be able to attend. You can also earn 14 CPE/CE credits.

      I know travel and training budgets have been cut, so to help you and your
      colleagues take advantage of this event we are offering our loyal
      subscribers a 2-for-1 special if you book by June 19th at the latest. To
      take advantage of this offer please contact account rep (contact info)

      So please let me know if I can expect to meet you at the event. To see more
      details on the agenda and review the list of expert presenters, please view
      our website at: I hope you will consider attending. If there's anything I
      can do to facilitate us meeting at the event, please let me know. Many

      Best regards,

      contact info