Consumers want clarity in communications

  • userg
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2009
      A new survey of 1,214 American homeowners and investors conducted by Siegel+Gale between December 29, 2008 and January 5, 2009, released today, shows an overwhelming majority demand more clarity in communications from companies and the government. http://tinyurl.com/dl4j42

      http://jimrink.blogspot.com
    • Stephen Rafe
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2009
        I'm awed by the terms contained in radio commercials that attempt to sell technology services in the DC area via station WTOP-FM. Many of these ads sound like a foreign language to the average listener's ear. And they employ an overwhelming number of stacked modifiers which further impede the understanding of the message.

        As an adjunct professor who teaches IT & Corporate Transformation (emphasis change management), I can understand the logic of those who say "the people we want to reach understand the language we use." However, I wonder whether they understand that this mindset causes them to miss out on large groups of potential buyers/users of their services who don't speak their language.

        Stephen
        STEPHEN RAFE