xp - What kinds of Internet Kid-Safe protections do Parents Want? What kinds will kids tolerate?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2009
      Help!

      What kinds of Internet Kid-Safe protections do parents want? What kinds of
      Internet Kid-Safe protections will kids tolerate?

      Back in '99 or 2000, I helped launch Dot.Safe, a portal for kids, and at
      that time I had a handle on what kids were willing to put up with (in the
      way of limited Internet access) and what kinds of protections parents really
      wanted. Dot.Safe was an attempt to bridge that gap, but that was nine or
      ten years ago, and the world's changed (and the Internet's changed).

      TODAY

      What is it that parents want (and what is it that parents might even be
      willing to pay for, though this is an optional wrinkle) in the way of
      limiting kid Internet access to "safe" sites?

      And today, what will our Internet-savvy kids put up with in the realm of
      restrictions to the Internet (and what will they actively try to subvert)?

      Is there any kind of existing secondary research out there (I'll take
      anecdotal information, but I really need research) on this?

      Ned Barnett, APR

      Marketing/PR Fellow, American Hospital Association

      Barnett Marketing Communications

      420 N. Nellis Blvd. A3-276

      Las Vegas NV 89110

      702-696-1200 - ned@...