Re: [prbytes] XP - Stupid Pet Tricks Department

  • Kirkpatrick, Lois M.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      Ned, I don't see how the Obama-mercial was a bad PR move. Presumably,
      more "Jane Six-Packs" would be waiting to watch baseball on TV that
      evening, so scheduling the campaign's 30-minute special a half-hour
      before the start of the game could be seen as a smart move.

      Regarding being in or out of touch with the common voter: the opposing
      campaign has made such a big deal out of Sam the Plumber because the
      candidate himself is married to an heiress, has seven homes, and
      ostensibly approved $150,000 for his VP's makeover.

      Personally, my initial response to Wednesday's infomercial was election
      fatigue. But that's just me hitting the wall after checking political
      blogs, newscasts and radio shows multiple times a day for weeks on end.
      I DVR'd the infomercial and YouTubed the ensuing TV interviews, so I'm
      back in fighting shape.

      Hopefully there will be a 12-step group for people like me after all
      this is over. :-)

      Lois Kirkpatrick, Manager
      Marketing & Strategic Analysis
      Office for Children