RE: [prbytes] Political Reputation

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2008
      My suggestion, Deon - if this guy trusts you, don't push him away to a PR
      firm. Instead, find someone you can partner with who can handle the PR side
      but keep you in the loop. In this way, your "reputation" (the thing that
      brought the minister to you) won't be damaged by a PR firm you don't know
      and can't control/influence.

      Marketing/PR Fellow, American Hospital Association

      Barnett Marketing Communications

      420 N. Nellis Blvd. A3-276

      Las Vegas NV 89110

      702-696-1200 - ned@...

      http://www.barnettmarcom.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        Hi Deon,

        Good to know you can be trusted to help out on this project. I think, what you need to do considering you are a one man consultant are:

        1. Call for an internal PR pitch of about 3 agencies. Pick one of them you can trust their reputation and ability to deliver and partner with them.

        2. Create the strategy and get them to run with the strategy as you supervise them and ensure you are in direct contact with your client.

        3. The three prong strategy you mentioned, I think, is okay. For stage one, you can run a media campaign to examine or evaluate his performance in the previous position, highlighting the areas he did very well and downplaying his sour points. How? Use interviews, testmonials and press releases.

        4. For his present portfolio or current situation, you need to run a Positioning campaign. He needs to be postioned as an achiever, action oriented, trustworthy and goal getter.

        For stage three or future, develope a strategic Personality branding campaign that will be anchored on perception management based on actualities and things that can make him be perceived as result oriented. For the elements, the PR company can help you put them together.

        I hope this can help. You can still contact me privately if you need more inputs. Good luck Deon
        Regards,

        Desmond Ekeh (Lagos - Nigeria)

[...]

        * Email: <mailto:deonbin@icon. co.za> deonbin@icon. co.za

        * Twitter: DeonBinneman

        * Facebook: Deon Binneman

        * IM: <mailto:deonbin@hotmail. com> deonbinneman@ hotmail.com

        * <http://friendfeed. com/deonbin> http://friendfeed. com/deonbin

        * Training enquiries: <mailto:reputationeducation @.... za>
        reputationeducation @.... za

        ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

        P.O. Box 3285, Honeydew, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2040

        Blog: Deon Binneman on Managing Reputation:

        <http://deonbinneman .wordpress. com/> http://deonbinneman .wordpress. com/

        Public Profile: <http://www.linkedin .com/in/deonbin>
        http://www.linkedin .com/in/deonbin

        Because your Reputation matters!.... ..

        Subscription Policy: It is not my intention to send this email to those who
        do not wish to receive it. If you do not wish to hear from me, please write
        back so that I can remove your details. To ensure complete removal, please
        inform me of any other email addresses that default to your mailbox.