OT/XP - Stamp you very much

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      I've got a personal request for members here for a bit of help in something
      I'm doing to try to make productive use of those hours granted to me by
      insomnia <g>. And no, this doesn't involve hot tubs, hot-oil massages or
      after-midnight phone calls . it's something as innocuous as it is oddball
      (at least for this list).

      Those who know or remember such things may be aware that the last year has
      been more than a bit tumultuous for me (for instance, it's a year tomorrow
      that my wife of 20 years "checked out" - and that's just one factor among
      many). Suffice it to say that, while I keep the work flowing, sleep and
      even relaxation is hard to come by . so, to take positive action to relax -
      or to at least make use of all those spare hours insomnia gives me, I've
      resurrected my past pass-time of stamp collecting.

      I'm just starting out, but I am pleased to note that I've rediscovered the
      calming peace of chasing little bits of colored paper around my desk with
      tongs and a magnifying glass. I may even be getting a few more hours of
      sleep . not right away, but it's something to shoot for.

      Anyway, I'm not looking to throw a bunch of money on this collection - that
      would kind of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? - so instead, I'm asking for
      your help - and to start, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

      1. Do you get a lot of stamps (at home or in business) that you don't
      need? If so, please consider sending them my way

      2. Do you have an old stamp collection (it doesn't matter how old or
      in what condition it's in - even a "kid's collection") that's lying around
      the house, in your attic, garage or basement, or squirreled away under the
      bed - i.e., one you don't need, want or care about? If so, please consider
      sending it my way.

      3. Do you do business with any local-to-you firm that gets a lot of
      mail, and a lot of stamps, but beyond opening the envelopes, doesn't know
      what to do with those stamps? If so, please consider asking them to send it
      my way.

      4. Do you have any contemporary friends who have collections they
      don't want or need? Maybe something their kids played with before going off
      and getting married or heading to college or whatever (or one they had years
      ago they no longer want)? If so, please consider asking them to send it my
      way.

      5. Do you have any older (think retired) friends or relatives (or,
      really anybody) who has an old stamp collection they don't need and don't
      know what to do with? If so, please consider asking them to send it my way.
      If they are retired/on a fixed income and think their old collection has
      some nominal value, I'd be glad to pay them a nominal fee (I'm not wealthy,
      I'm not a dealer, I'm not going to make any money off this and I'm not
      looking to spend more than $25-$50 - tops, $100, but that figure is a 7.8 on
      my personal pucker meter - but I also don't want to seem to be taking
      advantage of people).

      Bottom line - if you're in a position to help and are willing to do so,
      thanks - I'd really appreciate it.

      PR/Marketing Fellow, American Hospital Association

      Barnett Marketing Communications

      420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3-276

      Las Vegas, NV 89110

      702-696-1200

      http//www.barnettmarcom.com

      ned@...

      Exceptional Marketing for Exceptional Clients