Glitch in the mousepad in new computer is trashing files...... HELP PLEASE!

  • Stephen Rafe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28 5:26 AM
      Hi All --

      I am still trying to become accustomed to my new laptop.

      When I scroll over an icon for an action, the computer automatically executes it -- instead of allowing me to scroll past it and click on what I had actually intended to carry out. So far this has screwed up several documents and even wiped out an entire folder of files. And I'm working on book manuscripts and training manualas.

      Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

      Stephen
      STEPHEN RAFE

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28 11:12 AM
        This is a sensitivity issue in your mousepad - my wife's new Laptop had this
        too - it caused her cursor to jump around a document while she was typing,
        which was a major pain. PC Laptops (where I get my computers) downloaded
        and installed a new piece of software - KTP is the name of the software -
        that cures this by temporarily turning off your mousepad while you're
        typing. I suspect that this will work for you, too, though this is a guess,
        not a promise.

        PR/Marketing Fellow, American Hospital Association

        Barnett Marketing Communications

        420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3-276

        Las Vegas, NV 89110

        702-696-1200

        http//www.barnettmarcom.com

        ned@...

        Exceptional Marketing for Exceptional Clients