Viral PR

  • userg
    Message 1 of 5 , May 16, 2008
      Hi gang. I'm looking for resources on
      Viral PR (if there is such a thing), or
      any good books or articles on PR and
      social media.

      TIA

      - JR
    • Deon Binneman
      Message 2 of 5 , May 16, 2008
        Two books come to mind.

        The New Rules of Marketing & PR - How to use News Releases, Blogs,
        Podcasting, viral marketing & online Media to reach buyers directly by David
        Meerman Scott and the book The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell.

        Read these two in combination. The Tipping Point is not a PR book, yet full
        of lessons. They certainly complement each other.

        The New Rules is a worthwhile read. I mentioned it in one of my newsletters
        and on my blog - within an hour I got an e-mail from the author - thanking
        me - that is quick and there are lots of leverage techniques to be learned
        from him.

        I also keep an eye on the blogs - Web workers daily and Micro persuasion.

        Regards,

        DEON BINNEMAN

        Reputation Management Speaker, Adviser &

        Workshop Leader

        * Landline: +27- 011- 4753515 / Fax: 0866 129 566
        * Mobile: +27-0-834254318
        * Email: <mailto:deonbin@...> deonbin@...

        * Twitter: DeonBinneman

        * Facebook: Deon Binneman

        * IM: deonbinneman@... <mailto:deonbin@...>

        * http://friendfeed.com/deonbin

        P.O. Box 3285, Honeydew, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2040

        Blog: Deon Binneman on Managing Reputation:

        <http://deonbinneman.wordpress.com/> http://deonbinneman.wordpress.com/

        Public Profile: <http://www.linkedin.com/in/deonbin>
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/deonbin

        do not wish to receive it. If you do not wish to hear from me, please write
        back so that I can remove your details. To ensure complete removal, please
        inform me of any other email addresses that default to your mailbox.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 16, 2008
          One other book that I have seen recommended for this is "Unleashing the
          Ideavirus" by Seth Godin. I've also heard good things about "The Tipping
          Point," which Deon mentioned.

          Best,

          Kristen

          --
          Kristen Keller
          PR Freelancer

        • mklein818@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 16, 2008
            Tipping Point rules...

            Mike Klein
            http://CommsOffensive325.blogharbor.com
            ---
          • David P. Dillard
            Message 5 of 5 , May 16, 2008
              You may want to try this URL for more content in books on this subject:

              <http://books.google.com/books?tab=sp&sa=N&sourceid=navclient&ie=
              UTF-8&rls=DAUS,DAUS:2006-11,DAUS:en&q=%22viral+pr%22+OR+%22viral+
              public+reltations%22+OR+(%22public+relations%
              22+and+%22social+networking%22&um=1&sa=N>

              A shorter URL for the above link:

              <http://tinyurl.com/6n8u5x>

              Also useful in this information hunt, try this URL:

              <http://scholar.google.com/scholar?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=
              DAUS,DAUS:2006-11,DAUS:en&q=%22viral%20pr%22%20OR%20%22viral%20public%
              20reltations%22%20OR%20(%22public%20relations%22%20and%20%
              22social%20networking%22&um=1&sa=N&tab=ps>

              A shorter URL for the above link:

              <http://tinyurl.com/6koxsq>

              Perhaps these recent Net-Gold posts may interest some of the members of
              this discussion group:

              TOURISM AND TRAVEL: STATISTICS :
              TOURISM AND TRAVEL: ADVENTURE TOURISM:
              The Adventure of Finding Statistics About Adventure Tourism:
              It Can Really Hurt
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/23554>

              LAW: EXPERT WITNESSES:
              Expert Witness Guidelines Standards Credentialing and Assessment:
              A Bibliography Series on Net-Gold: Part Four
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/23543>

              PUBLIC BUILDINGS :
              PRIVACY:
              Personal Space in a Public Place: A Short Bibliography
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/23537>

              Sincerely,
              David Dillard
              Temple University
              (215) 204 - 4584
              jwne@...
              Net-Gold
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold>
              <http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>
              <http://groups.google.com/group/net-gold?hl=en>
              <http://net-gold.jiglu.com/>
              General Internet & Print Resources
              <http://guides.temple.edu/general-internet>
              <http://guides.temple.edu/general-country-info>
              <http://guides.temple.edu/tourism>
              <http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/ringleaders/davidd.html>
              Educator-Gold
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Educator-Gold/>
              K12ADMINLIFE
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K12AdminLIFE/>
              Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
              <http://tinyurl.com/36qd2o>
              Net-Gold Membership Required to View Photos