Re: [prbytes] Please help - marcom / PR issue

  • Adrienne secrect
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2007
      These vare good questions. I wonder if I missed the answers.

      maria_hernandez100 <maria_hernandez100@...> wrote: Please help - Press Releases

      I am helping a consumer internet startup. I am not very knowledgeable
      when it comes to Press Releases.

      Would anyone be kind enough to answer some questions:

      1.How good / bad are the Free / low cost online PR distribution
      services like PrWeb etc ?
      -Has anyone used them ? Are they effective ?
      - Do they leave a bad impression on people reading them..indicating this
      startup is a fly by night without resources to hire a real pro PR agency ?
      -Do these mass online services just publish the PR on their site or
      do they actually send them to the reporters in the publications via email?
      - Would anyone recommend any particular company that does a good job ?

      2.If one is doing it onself ..Is it best to start sending Press
      Releases to small
      publications and then build up to the larger publications ?
      or should one send them to all at one time ?
      or should it be the other way around ie send to the publications with the
      largest circulations first?

      3. Will the large publications publish a story if it was already
      published a month or
      couple of months ago in a small publication ?

      Any help / pointers on this would be highly appreciated.

      Thanks,