Need Tips PR for an NYC Event

  • lady_nik_411
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2007
      Hello All,

      I am a new member of this group. I am currently promoting a panel
      discussion on black female interracial relationships to be held on
      November 3rd here in NYC. I am trying to gain all the publicity I can.
      I've sent my relase to various press media, local papers, created a
      meet up group etc.

      My question to the group is - what else can I can to increase my press
      outreach and amount of attendees? Are they any active reporters that
      someone could suggest? Any producers I should be hounding? Which
      press release distribution service is the most effective.

      As you can tell, I have many questions. Please email me with any
      suggestions you might have. I am open to all.

      ND
    • ggerd
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2007
        Some thoughts...
        Make sure the event has a web site. Issue multiple releases with
        common keywords through web distribution with linkbacks to the site.
        Engage relevant bloggers to post about the conference and link to web
        site. Consider buying google keywords for the few weeks leading up to
        the conference. Ensure that your event is on the calendar of all news
        media websites. Call assignment eds to make sure you are on the
        daybook for Nov. 3. Ask reporters to write a preview of the
        conference highlighting any "lightning rod" topics that are slated
        for discussion. Preview media with any special or well known guests
        or speakers to drive advance coverage.
        Gary

        --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "lady_nik_411" <lady_nik_411@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2007
          I'm reading a new book on using the Internet in marketing - "Do it Wrong
          Quickly - How the Web Changes The Old Marketing Rules" - it's got lots of
          useful advice on using the web to promote and market, with an emphasis on
          new media, social media, etc. It is being useful to me, it might help you.

          Also, PRProsUnite (another Yahoo List) focuses on urban marketing issues -
          it might prove helpful.

          Beyond that, just "work" the media (i.e., standard PR-101 stuff) the best
          you can - this remains your best and most powerful way of reaching people in
          large numbers quickly.

          Good luck.

          Marketing/PR Fellow, AHA

          Barnett Marketing Communications

          Corporate Office
          420 N. Nellis Blvd., Suite A3-276 - Las Vegas, NV 89110 - 702-696-1200
          ***

          E-Mail & Website: ned@... - http://www.barnettmarcom.com
          <http://www.barnettmarcom.com/>
          ***

          Barnett and Toor on PR: http://barnettmarcom.blogspot.com/
          Barnett and Toor on Marketing: http://barnettonmarketing.blogspot.com/
          Barnett and Toor on Book Promotion/Marketing/Publishing:
          http://barnettonpublishing.blogspot.com/

          _____