Re: Interesting Contact Management Software

  • davidrodewald
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2007
      Kezia - thanks for the very in-depth analysis on this product. We've
      always been tempted to try it, but have shied away from it because of
      the cost relative to other tools, and because we've felt that it is a
      much better resource for agencies that are more consumer oriented than
      our tech-focused practice. We're now evaluating Central Desktop,
      Zoho, and Copper Project which mix CRM with collaboration tools. I
      can let you know how that goes if you are interested.

      -dr

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
        Hi Gary, I apologize that I had to remove my previous post. It has
        come to my attention that Vocus is "monitoring" messages on PRBytes
        (my boss received an email alerting her to this). I suspect this will
        create some trouble for me, so others should be aware of this too.

        It bears mentioning that while this group is restricted to members
        only, what's said here can and will be circulated outside of the group
        without our consent. A good reminder!

        I've also been called at home by a sales rep based on comments made
        here in the past.

        Thanks,

      • ggerd
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
          We already got a call from Vocus due to this thread. I give them
          points for being aggressive. But it's far more than we are willing to
          pay at this point. Thanks for your input.
          Gary

        • rlane_75
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2007
            Hi all –

            I just want to quickly address this post as it inaccurately portrays
            the situation. Yes, I do work for Vocus… but as the PR Director. I
            am a member of this group as a professional, not to monitor for my
            company. I typically stay out of vendor discussions because that's
            not why I'm in here. However, after reading the thread regarding
            contact management systems depicting our product poorly and very
            inaccurately, I checked and learned that the "non-ringing
            endorsement" of a client not renewing their Vocus contract was far
            from the reality where the company just renewed for two years. I
            mentioned the feedback to the customer service representative in
            charge of the account so they could discuss the problems with the
            user offline and address an obvious bad user experience, which I
            take seriously as does the company.

            But to alleviate any fears that you are being monitored as suggested
            in the post, although I am a PR professional who happens to work for
            a PR software company that is sometimes brought up in this group, I
            am here to exchange ideas just like everybody else not to "monitor"
            messages.

            Apologies for any confusion!!

          • ggerd
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
              More information, opinions, observations usually better than fewer. I
              welcome vendors in this forum especially if it they can gain useful
              feedback with which to improve products. There should be no downside
              to a healthy and free exchange of opinions, experiences and insight.

              Gary