INTERNET: RESOURCES : RESEARCH: RESOURCES: Internet and Print Resources: Index to Web Locations

  • David P. Dillard
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 28, 2007
      REFERENCE: RESOURCES : INTERNET: RESOURCES : RESEARCH: RESOURCES: General
      Internet and Print Resources: Index to Web Locations for the Various
      Sections of This Subject Guide
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/20316>

      This guide covers the following types of resources:

      A Guide to Selected Sources of Information Literacy Resource Websites

      A Selection of General and Subject Field and Skill Oriented Webliographies
      and Bibliographies

      Dictionaries

      Directories

      Encyclopedias

      Handbooks

      From Various Library Websites: Links to Library Research and Library
      Subject Guides

      Multidisciplinary Reference And Miscellaneous Selected Internet Resource
      Sources

      Subject Guides Resource Guides and Content Type Specific Guides on the
      Internet

      Updates
      <http://guides.temple.edu/content.php?pid=1282>

      Sincerely,
      David Dillard
      Temple University
      (215) 204 - 4584
      jwne@...
      Net-Gold
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold>
      <http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>
      <http://groups.google.com/group/net-gold?hl=en>
      <http://net-gold.jiglu.com/>
      General Internet & Print Resources
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/20309>
      <http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/ringleaders/davidd.html>
      Educator-Gold
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Educator-Gold/>
      K12ADMINLIFE
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K12AdminLIFE/>
      Nina Dillard's Photographs
      <http://homepage.mac.com/neemers1/PhotoAlbum3.html>
      Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
      <http://tinyurl.com/36qd2o>
      Net-Gold Membership Required to View Photos
    • davidrodewald
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30, 2007
        Kezia - thanks for the very in-depth analysis on this product. We've
        always been tempted to try it, but have shied away from it because of
        the cost relative to other tools, and because we've felt that it is a
        much better resource for agencies that are more consumer oriented than
        our tech-focused practice. We're now evaluating Central Desktop,
        Zoho, and Copper Project which mix CRM with collaboration tools. I
        can let you know how that goes if you are interested.

        -dr

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
          Hi Gary, I apologize that I had to remove my previous post. It has
          come to my attention that Vocus is "monitoring" messages on PRBytes
          (my boss received an email alerting her to this). I suspect this will
          create some trouble for me, so others should be aware of this too.

          It bears mentioning that while this group is restricted to members
          only, what's said here can and will be circulated outside of the group
          without our consent. A good reminder!

          I've also been called at home by a sales rep based on comments made
          here in the past.

          Thanks,

        • ggerd
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
            We already got a call from Vocus due to this thread. I give them
            points for being aggressive. But it's far more than we are willing to
            pay at this point. Thanks for your input.
            Gary

          • rlane_75
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2007
              Hi all –

              I just want to quickly address this post as it inaccurately portrays
              the situation. Yes, I do work for Vocus… but as the PR Director. I
              am a member of this group as a professional, not to monitor for my
              company. I typically stay out of vendor discussions because that's
              not why I'm in here. However, after reading the thread regarding
              contact management systems depicting our product poorly and very
              inaccurately, I checked and learned that the "non-ringing
              endorsement" of a client not renewing their Vocus contract was far
              from the reality where the company just renewed for two years. I
              mentioned the feedback to the customer service representative in
              charge of the account so they could discuss the problems with the
              user offline and address an obvious bad user experience, which I
              take seriously as does the company.

              But to alleviate any fears that you are being monitored as suggested
              in the post, although I am a PR professional who happens to work for
              a PR software company that is sometimes brought up in this group, I
              am here to exchange ideas just like everybody else not to "monitor"
              messages.

              Apologies for any confusion!!

            • ggerd
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 3, 2007
                More information, opinions, observations usually better than fewer. I
                welcome vendors in this forum especially if it they can gain useful
                feedback with which to improve products. There should be no downside
                to a healthy and free exchange of opinions, experiences and insight.

                Gary