Clipping services

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
      I searched the archives here, and did not find.

      We've got a proposal from Burrelles/Luce and Cision (fka Bacon's).
      Burrelles/Luce is leaps and bounds more reasonable. Why? Experiences?
      Do you use either?

      Are there others doing national print and online that I'm forgetting?

      Thanks,
    • jbeaul
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
        Vocus offers this service.

        Disclosure: they are our parent company.
        Reality: I don't know that much about their product/pricing.

        Joe B

        --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "kezia_jauron" <kezia@...> wrote:

        > I searched the archives here, and did not find.
        >
        > We've got a proposal from Burrelles/Luce and Cision (fka Bacon's).
        > Burrelles/Luce is leaps and bounds more reasonable. Why? Experiences?
        > Do you use either?
        >
        > Are there others doing national print and online that I'm forgetting?
        >
        > Thanks,

      • Michael D
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 14, 2007
          Really? They're different? I've always seen and experienced them as
          being comparable in service and price.

          I recently looked at online-only monitoring (traditional media and
          social media) and really liked Cision's flat monthly rate with no per
          clip fee (that BL has). Granted, BL claims to monitor more blogs, but
          the cost difference didn't justify the difference in the number of
          blogs. So, we can supplement Cision with a free service like Google
          Alerts.
          -- Mike

          Mike Driehorst
          Messaging Strategist

          H A N S O N I N C .
          Maumee, Ohio 43537

          AIM: MikeDatHanson
          mike.driehorst@...

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 14, 2007
            The BL quote was $260 per month/$2.05 per clip. Cision is $510 per
            month and $2.82 per page (not per clip).

            If you remove internet clipping, the Cision rate drops to $328. BL
            includes online clips from the internet editions of print pubs.

            --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "Michael D" <miked918@...> wrote:

            > Really? They're different? I've always seen and experienced them as
            > being comparable in service and price.
            >
            > I recently looked at online-only monitoring (traditional media and
            > social media) and really liked Cision's flat monthly rate with no per
            > clip fee (that BL has). Granted, BL claims to monitor more blogs, but
            > the cost difference didn't justify the difference in the number of
            > blogs. So, we can supplement Cision with a free service like Google
            > Alerts.
            > -- Mike
            >
            > Mike Driehorst
            > Messaging Strategist
            >
            > H A N S O N I N C .
            > Maumee, Ohio 43537
            >
            > AIM: MikeDatHanson
            > mike.driehorst@...
            >

            > --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "kezia_jauron" <kezia@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I searched the archives here, and did not find.
            > >
            > > We've got a proposal from Burrelles/Luce and Cision (fka Bacon's).
            > > Burrelles/Luce is leaps and bounds more reasonable. Why? Experiences?
            > > Do you use either?
            > >
            > > Are there others doing national print and online that I'm forgetting?
            > >
            > > Thanks,

          • Michael D
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 15, 2007
              Poor memory on my part about Cision having separate online-offline
              monthly rates.

              However, for the per page fee, if you ask for the agreement to be
              changed to per clip (no matter how many pages), you're rep should be
              able to do it. So, at least there, Cision will be comparable to BL.
              I've done it before and the per page fee was changed to per clip.

              Personally, I think the per page is a bit of a scam by Cision (though
              its other services are great).
              Mike