FW: 4 positions - Please use contact info listed

  • Latashia DeVeaux
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      Greetings everyone,

      Below are a few positions that was forwarded to my attn. Please reply to
      the contact listed and NOT to me.

      Have a beautiful weekend and enjoy the Super Bowl.

      Be well and blessed,

      Job Title

      Events Coordinator
      Publication or Company John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Industry Book Publishing
      Salary Competitive Benefits Job Duration Full Time Job Location Hoboken, NJ
      USA Job Requirements Working in our Professional/Trade business as an Events
      Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating and implementing
      author events domestically to develop and maintain rapport/communication
      regarding planned author events, and to analyze effectiveness of author
      events. In addition, you will be responsible for all
      communication/correspondence/confirmation and follow through for assigned

      3 years of experience working with events.
      Excellent communication skills.
      Customer oriented mind-set.
      Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
      Able and willing to travel.
      Public relations experience including booking publicity a plus.
      About Our Company John Wiley & Sons, Inc., one of Forbes Magazine's ''400
      Best Big Companies in America is a global enterprise providing must-have
      content and services for the academic, professional, scientific, technical,
      medical, and consumer markets.

      At Wiley, we value our colleagues…respect their dignity as individuals…and
      recognize their merit. Through our commitment to a diverse workforce, Wiley
      supports equal opportunity for employment, development, and advancement for
      all qualified people.

      Opportunities are often available in our editorial, marketing, production,
      new media and sales areas within our New Jersey, Indianapolis, and
      California locations. For openings, please visit: www.wiley.com . If
      interested, submit resume to: JOHN WILEY & SONS, INC., 111 River Street,
      Hoboken, NJ 07030; Fax: 201-748-6049 or
      E-mail: opportunities@ <mailto:opportunities%40wiley.com> wiley.com .

      We are an equal opportunity employer.
      Contact Ms. Jennifer Jordan Email Address jrjordan@wiley.
      <mailto:jrjordan%40wiley.com> com Address USA
      Special Instructions Please send cover letter with position of interest and
      salary expectations. No phone calls please.

      Although we appreciate your interest, we will only respond to those
      candidates we plan to interview.
      EOE m/f/d/v
      Job Title Associate Promotion Manager Publication or Company Marie Claire -
      Hearst Industry Magazine Publishing Salary Benefits 401K, Dental, Health Job
      Duration Full Time Job Location New York, NY USA Job Requirements Associate
      Promotion Manager
      · Executes all magazine trade promotional events/initiatives including
      branding events and sales meetings
      · Works closely with the Merchandising & Promotion Director on all added
      value, special sections and events
      · Writes proposals for five sales people
      · Executes assigned retail events
      · Develops, writes, and updates program sell kits (i.e., program sell
      sheets, program sales presentations, coordinates creation of comps, etc.)
      · Manages promotional issue mailings and collateral
      · Maintains and updates a historical database of Merch/Promo executed About
      Our Company Hearst Magazines, a unit of The Hearst Corporation, is the
      world's largest publisher of monthly magazines, with 19 U.S. titles and more
      than 100 international editions distributed in as many countries. Of these,
      Hearst publishes nine monthly magazines in the United Kingdom through its
      wholly owned subsidiary, The National Magazine Company Limited. Many Hearst
      magazines have a presence on the Web.

      Hearst Magazines is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a
      culturally diverse work environment.

      To learn more, please visit our web site: www.hearst.com

      Contact Dept. APM Email Address magazineshr3@
      <mailto:magazineshr3%40hearst.com> hearst.com Address New York, NY USA
      Special Instructions ONLY resumes of interest will be contacted.
      MUST include salary requirements.

      Job Title Event Marketing Manager Publication or Company Dowden Health Media
      Industry Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Online/New Media Salary Under
      $75,000 Benefits 401K, Dental, Health Job Duration Full Time Job Location
      Montvale, NJ USA Job Requirements Develops and executes audience marketing
      strategy consisting of: direct mail, E-mail, print and web advertising and
      Responsible for determining the lists we use to market each event
      Develops website content for each event
      Produces collateral material for exhibitors/sponsors such as the
      exhibitor/sponsor prospectus and exhibitor service kit.
      Produces all on-site materials such as the conference handbook and any
      conference proceedings that get distributed.
      About Our Company Dowden Health Media (DHM) specializes in high-quality
      communication with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, and consumers.
      Its respected journals reach clinicians in family practice, psychiatry,
      obstetrics/gynecology, and surgery. Additional outreach is made on a regular
      basis to clinicians in other fields. Our journals, web sites, on-line
      offerings, and live events provide important platforms for distributing
      industry-supported and independent educational programs, often developed in
      collaboration with medical education companies, associations, and

      Contact Mr. David Small Email Address david.small@
      <mailto:david.small%40dowdenhealth.com> dowdenhealth.com Address 110 Summit
      Montvale, NJ USA
      Special Instructions Include resume with salary history. No phone calls
      National Director of Sponsorship MZA Events is currently accepting
      applications for the position of National Director of Sponsorship.

      MZA Events is an event production, campaign management, and grassroots
      fundraising firm. Our mission is to affect positive social change by
      providing the public with avenues for meaningful action in a cost-efficient
      manner. We are best know as the producer of AIDS Walk San Francisco, AIDS
      Walk Los Angeles, AIDS Walk New York, and AIDS Walk Fort Lauderdale.

      Every year, MZA raises tens of millions of dollars for our charitable
      clients. The sponsorship department is responsible for millions of dollars
      in funding from local and national corporations and organizations.

      For more information, please visit the following websites:

      http://www.aidswalk <http://www.aidswalk.net> .net
      http://www.aidswalk <http://www.aidswalk.net/sponsorship> net/sponsorship
      http://www.mzainc. <http://www.mzainc.com> com
      http://mzaevents. <http://mzaevents.com> com

      This position is full time and can be based in Los Angeles, New York, or San

      Position: Sponsorship Director

      Summary of duties and responsibilities:
      The Sponsorship Director will develop, implement, and oversee all aspects of
      MZA Events’ Sponsorship Department. This will include: maintaining and
      expanding existing sponsorship relationships; securing new sponsorships;
      managing database and the sponsor acknowledgement program; preparing and
      editing sponsorship materials; and conducting in-depth research on funding
      interests and the giving potential of corporations. The successful candidate
      will create new vehicles for sponsor participation and recognition.
      Creativity, enthusiasm, and flexibility are highly integral to the success
      of this position.

      Location: TBD (Offices located in LA, SF, and NY)

      Hours: Monday-Friday, 9AM-6PM
      Occasional evenings and weekends

      Salary range: $65,000 - $80,000, DOE

      Reports To: COO

      Dress: Business Casual

      Travel: There will be some travel required, up to 4-6 trips per year

      Excellent medical insurance and other benefits after 6 months

      Primary duties and responsibilities:
      • Supervision of the Sponsorship Department.
      • Maintain and expand existing sponsor relationships.
      • Creation and oversight of sponsorship strategies and goals.
      • Manage the Sponsorship Department timeline and achieve income goals.
      • Compile prospecting lists of national, regional, and local community and
      corporate organizations.
      • Work closely with event staff and sponsorship department staff to ensure
      that sponsorship contracts are executed properly.
      • Research and create new vehicles for sponsor recognition.
      • Develop dynamic, engaging, and innovative proposals.
      • Supervise maintenance of sponsor databases, track correspondence.
      • Provide Event Directors and COO with weekly progress reports.
      • Serve on MZA Events’ Senior Management Team.
      • This position will also involve other event responsibilities as needed and
      as assigned by the COO and CEO.

      • Minimum of 3 years experience in the area of major donor solicitation and
      corporate sponsorship.
      • Proven record of successfully increasing sponsorship or major donor funds
      for a non-profit and/or event.
      • Excellent interpersonal communication skills with which to cultivate
      individual relationships that lead to generous philanthropic support.
      • Experience developing brochures and interactive media for the purpose of
      sponsorship or major donor solicitations.
      • Must possess strong project management skills, be highly detail oriented,
      and able to effectively manage sponsorship for multiple events
      • Creative, organized, and team-oriented professional who possesses the
      skills and ability to motivate and excite both internal and external
      • Strong writing skills are essential.
      • Candidates must have computer skills with experience in MS Office.
      Familiarity with database programs preferred.
      • Ability to thrive in a high-paced environment under the pressure of
      • Special events experience desired but not required.

      Position open until filled.

      To apply:
      E-mail a cover letter, resume and references, attached as MS Word documents
      to Steve Kutash at stevek@mzainc. <mailto:stevek%40mzainc.com> com. Be sure
      to put ‘Sponsorship Director’ in the subject line.

      **Due to the high volume of responses applications not following these
      guidelines will not be considered for the position**

      MZA Events is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
      diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
      employment without regard to ethnic group identification, race, religion,
      ancestry, creed, color, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual
      orientation, medical condition, or physical handicap