Software to mass-distribute news releases?

  • Michael Driehorst
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
      Warning: I'm posting this at a couple other Yahoo! Groups, so I'm
      sorry for the duplication.

      I know Bacon's and Vocus, and others have services to send news
      releases to the media via e-mail with a click of a mouse. I'm not
      looking for those services.

      I'm looking for software programs that I can purchase and do the same.

      Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions that can help me locate
      software I can purchase and use in-house to mass-distribute news
      releases to my media -- and have the e-mails look individualized?

      Thank you.
      Mike

      _____________________________
      Michael Driehorst
      Media Relations Manager
      The Lauerer Markin Group Inc.
      Maumee, OH 43537 U.S.A.
      +419.887-6811 (direct)
      +1.800.535.3212 (ext. 396)

      AIM: mcdriehorst / Y!M: miked918
    • Kezia Jauron
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
        What you seek is called an email merge program. Be very careful with these.
        Many are used by spammers to conceal the sender's address, and publication
        web servers are not outsmarted.

        The best way to use a mail merge program is to make it interact with your
        email application. MS Word does a nice job of this if you have names and
        email addressed on an Excel database, and if you use Outlook as an email
        app.

        Also, you can export records from most database programs into a simple Excel
        spreadsheet, and proceed with the MS Word-to-Outlook merge.

        One gizmo you may need to make this work beautifully is a little
        downloadable app called Express ClickYes.
        http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes

        If you use a Mac, I recommend Email Merge
        http://www.sigsoftware.com/emailmerge/

        If you tell me your OS, what you use for an editorial database, etc., I can
        be more helpful. Good luck.

        1. Software to mass-distribute news releases?
        From: Michael Driehorst

        Message

        1. Software to mass-distribute news releases?
        Posted by: "Michael Driehorst" miked918@... miked918
        Date: Tue Oct 3, 2006 1:59 pm (PDT)

[...]

        Messages in this topic (1)

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
          I use a service - Mercury Messages - offered by Daryl Toor at
          dtoor@... - it is a cost-effective way of getting the
          word out without having to maintain the software myself. If you want
          to know more, contact Daryl.

          Ned

          At 01:53 PM 10/4/2006, you wrote:

          >What you seek is called an email merge program. Be very careful with these.
          >Many are used by spammers to conceal the sender's address, and publication
          >web servers are not outsmarted.
          >
          >The best way to use a mail merge program is to make it interact with your
          >email application. MS Word does a nice job of this if you have names and
          >email addressed on an Excel database, and if you use Outlook as an email
          >app.
          >
          >Also, you can export records from most database programs into a simple Excel
          >spreadsheet, and proceed with the MS Word-to-Outlook merge.
          >
          >One gizmo you may need to make this work beautifully is a little
          >downloadable app called Express ClickYes.
          ><http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes>http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes
          >
          >If you use a Mac, I recommend Email Merge
          ><http://www.sigsoftware.com/emailmerge/>http://www.sigsoftware.com/emailmerge/
          >
          >If you tell me your OS, what you use for an editorial database, etc., I can
          >be more helpful. Good luck.

          Marketing/PR Fellow, AHA

          Barnett Marketing Communications
          Exceptional Marcom Services for Exceptional Clients

          420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3 - 276 - Las Vegas, NV 89110
          Phone: 702-696-1200 * FAX: 702-696-1211
          ned@... - http://www.barnettmarcom.com

          Barnett on PR: http://barnettmarcom.blogspot.com/
          Barnett on Marketing: http://barnettonmarketing.blogspot.com/
          Barnett on Book Promotion/Marketing/Publishing:
          http://barnettonpublishing.blogspot.com/

          BMC - A Sound Investment in Exceptional Success