Demonstrating Thought Leadership

  • dorisgilman
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2006
      I'd be interested to know if any PR firms/companies in the discussion
      group focus on developing "thought leaders" as a formal activity or
      program.

      I'm trying to define what it means to be a thought leader, how to
      attain that status, how it's demonstrated, and if companies are making
      a conscious effort to nurture thought leaders; the skills, expertise,
      and knowledge to become a thought leader within their organizations,
      within an industry, nationally, and internationally.

      'd like to start a regular podcast on the subject with guests and
      welcome your ongoing input.

      If you'd like your email address added to the list to receive the
      podcasts, please reply.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25, 2006
        If you figure out what that buzz word means, please let me know -
        I've been hearing it for years, but frankly, it's never made any
        particular sense to me. I do not mean this to be offensive; I know
        some consulting firms have cashed in big-time by making use of such
        buzz words (Trout & Reis made a name for themselves with
        "Positioning" - an idea that they came up with ... at least one they named).

        But this one has me puzzled. Perhaps I'm a thought follower ...

        At 11:26 AM 8/25/2006, you wrote:

        >I'd be interested to know if any PR firms/companies in the discussion
        >group focus on developing "thought leaders" as a formal activity or
        >program.
        >
        >I'm trying to define what it means to be a thought leader, how to
        >attain that status, how it's demonstrated, and if companies are making
        >a conscious effort to nurture thought leaders; the skills, expertise,
        >and knowledge to become a thought leader within their organizations,
        >within an industry, nationally, and internationally.
        >
        >'d like to start a regular podcast on the subject with guests and
        >welcome your ongoing input.
        >
        >If you'd like your email address added to the list to receive the
        >podcasts, please reply.

        Ned Barnett, APR
        Marketing/PR Fellow, AHA

        Barnett Marketing Communications
        Exceptional Marcom Services for Exceptional Clients

        420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3 - 276 - Las Vegas, NV 89110
        Phone: 702-696-1200 * FAX: 702-696-1211
        ned@... - http://www.barnettmarcom.com

        Barnett on PR: http://barnettmarcom.blogspot.com/
        Barnett on Marketing: http://barnettonmarketing.blogspot.com/
        Barnett on Book Promotion/Marketing/Publishing:
        http://barnettonpublishing.blogspot.com/

        BMC - A Sound Investment in Exceptional Success