Conflict of interest statements on press releases?

  • virginiarfoley
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2006
      We write a lot of press releases about medical journals and I am
      wondering if we need to include any conflict of interest statement in
      the bottom of the release?
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2006
        At 12:03 PM 4/11/2006, you wrote:
        >We write a lot of press releases about medical journals and I am
        >wondering if we need to include any conflict of interest statement in
        >the bottom of the release?

        I wouldn't think so (and I wouldn't use one myself - and for years, I
        represented a lot of different healthcare clients at the same
        time). I think most media assume that PR folks have more than one client.

        Marketing/PR Fellow, AHA

        Barnett Marketing Communications
        Exceptional Marcom Services for Exceptional Clients

        420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3 - 276 - Las Vegas, NV 89110
        Phone: 702-696-1200 * FAX: 702-696-1211
        ned@... - http://www.barnettmarcom.com

        Barnett on PR: http://barnettmarcom.blogspot.com/
        Barnett on Marketing: http://barnettonmarketing.blogspot.com/
        Barnett on Book Promotion/Marketing/Publishing:
        http://barnettonpublishing.blogspot.com/

        BMC - A Sound Investment in Exceptional Success

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
          On that note, I've heard lately that in a large agency where such
          conflicts of interests may become inevitable, it suffices to indicate
          that the clients/project in conflict are handled by separate managers.