Re: U.S. Postal Service Is Looking for Some Good PR

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2006
      Still, it's a handsome prize package and a good resume credit.

      And I think that the experience you had in a classroom context is
      different - that was essentially an internship, a real-world
      setting, where you're supposed to be abused.

      I've done much volunteer PR work for worthwhile projects without so
      much as a lousy t-shirt. That's not to imply the USPS is worthwhile,
      since there's probably no better example of a 'who moved my cheese'
      company.

      --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, Ned Barnett <ned@...> wrote:

      > This is a great way for a cheap-a** company to
      > get quality PR ideas on the cheap. When I was in
      > college, the State of Georgia did the same thing
      > (though it wasn't a contest - it was a class
      > project) to help launch the Lake Lanier Islands
      > resort. The class was divided into two teams -
      > the State then co-opted the best ideas from both,
      > and naturally botched their implementation. As a
      > student in one of the groups, all I got was a
      > grade, and a T-Shirt: "I created the PR campaign
      > for Lake Lanier Islands and all I got was a lousy A" ...
      >
      > At 06:35 AM 2/9/2006, you wrote:
      > >Postal Service Launches College Contest to Promote NetPost®,
      Click-N-
      > >Ship® and Direct Mail
      > >
      > >February 3, 2006 (New York, NY) ­ The U.S. Postal Service is proud
      > >to announce the launch of the "P.R. Professional Experience,"
      > >(www.usps.com/communications/prpe) a contest in which student
      teams
      > >from colleges and universities in New York, New Jersey and
      > >Connecticut compete to see who can devise the best public
      relations
      > >campaign for the Postal Service's online products NetPost®
      > >(www.usps.com/netpost), Click-N-Ship® (www.usps.com/clicknship)
      and