food and wine media list

  • Jim Rink
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hello everyone. I foolishly volunteered to help
      publicize a wine conference in Vegas (pay attention
      Ned) in my spare (ha) time.

      Does anyone have access to a media list for food
      and wine writers, if there is such a thing? This
      group is non-profit, so they can't afford to buy
      a mailing list.

      -JR
    • Janine Krasicky
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
        Jim,

        You would be surprised at how inexpensive Bacon's can be if you keep your
        request tailored. There is a way to download a media list and I think the
        minimum charge is $100 and it includes all contact information such as
        email, phone, etc. I've used this service for a few clients and it is quick
        and reasonably priced.

        Best regards,

        Janine

        Janine Krasicky
        Founder
        J9 Media Solutions, LLC
        248.542.3991
        janine@...
        www.j9media.com

        J9 Media Solutions -- integrated public relations & marketing communications

        "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
        - Winston Churchill

        _____

        Hello everyone. I foolishly volunteered to help
        publicize a wine conference in Vegas (pay attention
        Ned) in my spare (ha) time.

        Does anyone have access to a media list for food
        and wine writers, if there is such a thing? This
        group is non-profit, so they can't afford to buy
        a mailing list.

        -JR

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        " on the web.

        _____

      • Richard B Barger ABC APR
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
          Good information, Janine.

          And for really, really cheap, try Contacts On Tap. We offer a 15-day,
          full-access Free Trial, and that may be enough to meet your needs, Jim. You'll
          have to build your own list, but we make it pretty easy.

          Cheers!

          Rich Barger, ABC, APR
          Chief Curmudgeon
          http://www.CornerBarPR.com

          ---

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
            Your friendly neighborhood wire service account rep can also help
            you with this.

            Or, if you don't mind doing some of the research, browse to PRN or
            BizWire's site to see their trade distribution lists. You'll at
            least get the pub titles, and by Google searches, you can find the
            contact information.

            UNLV has (at least did once) a world-class restaurant management
            program, and a lot of their students are (were) foodies and
            gourmands. Maybe you can get one to help out for course credit.
            There's probably a campus web site where you can post an
            interns/volunteers wanted notice.

            --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "Janine Krasicky" <janine@j...>

            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/prbytes>
            > " on the web.

            > _____

          • userg
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
              Thanks for all the helpful information - I knew this list
              was good for something!

              Regards,

              ======================

              Jim Rink
              1705 Mansfield
              Birmingham, MI 48009

              (248) 792-2247 hm
              (313) 336-1513 wk
              (586) 946-0049 cell

              userg@...
              www.jimrink.com

              ======================

              And for really, really cheap, try Contacts On Tap. We offer a 15-day,
              full-access Free Trial, and that may be enough to meet your needs, Jim.
              You'll
              have to build your own list, but we make it pretty easy.

              Cheers!

              Rich Barger, ABC, APR
              Chief Curmudgeon
              [LINK: http://www.cornerbarpr.com/%5d http://www.CornerBarPR.com

              ---

              http://mbox.jimrink.com/compose.php?to=prbytes@yahoogroups.com]
              prbytes@yahoogroups.com [mailto:prbytes@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
              > Jim Rink
              > Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 3:58 PM
              > To: [LINK:
              http://mbox.jimrink.com/compose.php?to=prbytes@yahoogroups.com]
              prbytes@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [prbytes] food and wine media list
              >
              > Hello everyone. I foolishly volunteered to help publicize a wine
              conference in
              > Vegas (pay attention Ned) in my spare (ha) time.
              >
              > Does anyone have access to a media list for food and wine writers, if
              there is
              > such a thing? This group is non-profit, so they can't afford to buy a
              mailing
              > list.
              >
              > -JR

              Yahoo! Groups Links