Re: Promoting New Web site Redesign?

  • virginiarfoley
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2005
      We are a publishing company so to our target audiences: librarians,
      authors, editors, pharma, media. Any ideas would be appreciated!

      --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Reed" <bob@r...> wrote:
      > A big splash about what? For whom?

      Behalf Of
      > virginiarfoley
      > Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:07 PM
      > To: prbytes@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [prbytes] Promoting New Web site Redesign?
      >
      > My company is looking for a big splash--besides sending outna press
      > release and maybe an email announcement, anything interesting I
      could
      > do?
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
    • David P. Dillard
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 27, 2005
        Your firm could engage in an expensive advertising campaign in library
        science and writers publications, but since you are on a public relations
        list, one would assume that this is not the favored solution.

        Another option is to have effective signature lines that clearly indicate
        the company and website you want to promote. Let that be your only
        advertisement in posts save a line or two IN THE SIGNATURE LINES about a
        current focus publication to be promoted.

        Join discussion groups that are appropriate to your intended audience in
        quality as well as subject. Answer questions posed on these lists with
        quality responses and post informational messages about useful internet
        resources not competitive with your company and share this information.

        Publically archived lists are important as they are also often indexed by
        search engines. Lists in library science and practice and also lists in
        the field of writing would be prime targets. If your posts are little
        more than promotional and advertisements for your firm, your efforts will
        be doomed to failure. Others in your firm can participate and increase
        the number of lists monitored and posted to thus increasing your firms
        discussion group reach. A quality weblog provided by your company with
        important resource posts outside of your company's products can be used as
        a source cited in SOME of the posts. It is very important that these
        posts in no way spam your audiences, as that will be exceedingly
        counterproductive and each list must be studied in terms of content shared
        through a reading of a substantial portion of recent archives to insure
        list appropriate posting.

        Sincerely,
        David Dillard
        Temple University
        (215) 204 - 4584
        jwne@...
        <http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/ringleaders/davidd.html>
        <http://www.kovacs.com/medref-l/medref-l.html>
        <http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>
        <http://www.LIFEofFlorida.org>
        Digital Divide Network
        <http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/jwne>

        On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, virginiarfoley wrote:

        > We are a publishing company so to our target audiences: librarians,
        > authors, editors, pharma, media. Any ideas would be appreciated!

        > --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Reed" <bob@r...> wrote:
        > > A big splash about what? For whom?

      • Darcy Silvers
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2005
          What about promoting redesign/relaunch of a website that's art-related
          (custom art prints for the masses)?

          Darcy Silvers, APR, ABC
          http://home.comcast.net/~thehiredhand/