RE: [prbytes] Promoting New Web site Redesign?

  • Bob Reed
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25 2:26 PM
      A big splash about what? For whom?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: prbytes@yahoogroups.com [mailto:prbytes@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      virginiarfoley
      Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:07 PM
      To: prbytes@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [prbytes] Promoting New Web site Redesign?

      My company is looking for a big splash--besides sending outna press
      release and maybe an email announcement, anything interesting I could
      do?

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • virginiarfoley
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26 5:37 AM
        We are a publishing company so to our target audiences: librarians,
        authors, editors, pharma, media. Any ideas would be appreciated!

        --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Reed" <bob@r...> wrote:
        > A big splash about what? For whom?

        Behalf Of
        > virginiarfoley
        > Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:07 PM
        > To: prbytes@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [prbytes] Promoting New Web site Redesign?
        >
        > My company is looking for a big splash--besides sending outna press
        > release and maybe an email announcement, anything interesting I
        could
        > do?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
      • David P. Dillard
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 27 7:30 AM
          Your firm could engage in an expensive advertising campaign in library
          science and writers publications, but since you are on a public relations
          list, one would assume that this is not the favored solution.

          Another option is to have effective signature lines that clearly indicate
          the company and website you want to promote. Let that be your only
          advertisement in posts save a line or two IN THE SIGNATURE LINES about a
          current focus publication to be promoted.

          Join discussion groups that are appropriate to your intended audience in
          quality as well as subject. Answer questions posed on these lists with
          quality responses and post informational messages about useful internet
          resources not competitive with your company and share this information.

          Publically archived lists are important as they are also often indexed by
          search engines. Lists in library science and practice and also lists in
          the field of writing would be prime targets. If your posts are little
          more than promotional and advertisements for your firm, your efforts will
          be doomed to failure. Others in your firm can participate and increase
          the number of lists monitored and posted to thus increasing your firms
          discussion group reach. A quality weblog provided by your company with
          important resource posts outside of your company's products can be used as
          a source cited in SOME of the posts. It is very important that these
          posts in no way spam your audiences, as that will be exceedingly
          counterproductive and each list must be studied in terms of content shared
          through a reading of a substantial portion of recent archives to insure
          list appropriate posting.

          Sincerely,
          David Dillard
          Temple University
          (215) 204 - 4584
          jwne@...
          <http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/ringleaders/davidd.html>
          <http://www.kovacs.com/medref-l/medref-l.html>
          <http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>
          <http://www.LIFEofFlorida.org>
          Digital Divide Network
          <http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/jwne>

          On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, virginiarfoley wrote:

          > We are a publishing company so to our target audiences: librarians,
          > authors, editors, pharma, media. Any ideas would be appreciated!

          > --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Reed" <bob@r...> wrote:
          > > A big splash about what? For whom?

        • Darcy Silvers
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28 1:52 PM
            What about promoting redesign/relaunch of a website that's art-related
            (custom art prints for the masses)?

            Darcy Silvers, APR, ABC
            http://home.comcast.net/~thehiredhand/