Posting Clippings on Web site

  • virginiarfoley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      We have a lot of great news clips that we would like to post on our web
      site. If we just link to the web site, will we avoid any legal or
      copyright issues? Thanks,
    • Vica Vinogradova
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        Once the article with your mention is available online, you can of
        course link to it - it's public domain. If the publication is by
        subscription only, you should check with the publication (journalist)
        first to alert them that you would like to post on your site. They will
        often agree to it if you give them full credit. The only draw back with
        links is that they eventually get taken down/archived with no acess, so
        we practice posting PDFs on our site. Take a look at
        http://media.dataart.com

        Vica Vinogradova
        VP, Corporate Communications
        DataArt