RE: [prbytes] Press release link question

  • Tim Burke
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2005
      There is underlying code that directs your browser to go to the
      designated web page. It is not in the actual news release. The code is
      put there automatically or manually by the creator of the web page
      with the link.

      If you click on the link:
      http://elmwoodgroup.net/testlink.htm
      you will see a sample page with a link.

      The actual code for the page is:
      <head>
      charset=iso-8859-1">
      <title>Sample page for Jube</title>
      </head>

      Jube.</p>
      is what creates the link and tells your browser where to go.

      Tim Burke
      tburke@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2005
        thanks, I knew what they did, just did not know if we can *help* the
        journalist when we send press releases by having them already ingrained
        into the press release. Sounds like they add them when and where they
        want as they upload the press release. THANKS!!
        Blessings,
        Jube

        Tim Burke wrote:

        >There is underlying code that directs your browser to go to the
        >designated web page. It is not in the actual news release. The code is
        >put there automatically or manually by the creator of the web page
        >with the link.
        >
        >If you click on the link:
        >http://elmwoodgroup.net/testlink.htm
        >you will see a sample page with a link.
        >
        >The actual code for the page is:
        ><head>
        >charset=iso-8859-1">
        ><title>Sample page for Jube</title>
        ></head>

        >Jube.</p>
        >is what creates the link and tells your browser where to go.
        >
        >Tim Burke
        >tburke@...

      • Bob Reed
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2005
          Has anyone used a press release distribution service called ereleases.com?

          Is it any good?

          Bob Reed
          Element-R Partners