Re: [prbytes] Re: Job: Radio Interview Booker in Santa Monica

  • Anand Menon
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004
      Sure is ......... and thats a useful bit of information that you have given me. About managing remote employees .... the world becoming that much smaller with the Info Tech Boom and the competency of management at these 'remote' locations being much much better, managing these remote locations are today much easier and cheaper.

      About the small businesses you are probably right .. but in certain cases even some of these small companies not necessarily opening off shore companies of their own but tying up with with local organizations at these remote locations.

      About the PR bonanza - do you think companies will be thinking that way and forgoing their savings?

      Best,

      jprcom.com> wrote:
      It really is a chicken/egg scenario, isn't it? But according to a
      recent report by Information Week, most large companies only look at
      outsourcing as presenting a salary savings, yet when other costs,
      such as managing remote workers and technology infrastructure, are
      factored in, moving to nonurban U.S. locations can be more cost-
      effective. (A HUGE public relations bonanza is due to companies who
      choose not to go offshore, but move their company and all workers
      who are willing to an economically depressed interior state where
      living is cheap.)

      But back to the original issue - small businesses aren't
      outsourcing, and they aren't usually moving from areas where the
      cost of living is high to rural areas. So what are they doing
      instead? Paying professionals low wages without benefits, and
      reminding them that they're lucky to be working.

      --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, Anand Menon <satchitanand_m@y...>
      wrote:
      > Kate, dont get me wrong .. the reply from you on this issue may be
      the reason why jobs are being out sourced by many a company, where
      people dont have to pay as much as ' $850 a month for a tiny
      unairconditioned apartment (or for) driving a 10 year old car pay
      (ing) $1000 a year in car insurance to get to a job 20 miles and a 1-
      1/2 hr
      > commute away.
      >
      > Kindly,
      > Anand.
      >

      > Kate <kate_south@y...> wrote:
      > Someone from outside my country probably isn't paying
      > $850 a month for a tiny unairconditioned apartment and
      > driving a 10 year old car they pay $1000 a year in car
      > insurance to get to a job 20 miles and a 1-1/2 hr
      > commute away.
      >
      > Kate
      >

      > --- Anand Menon wrote:
      >
      > > (Like most others) Probably someone from outside of
      > > your country will some how find a way and do the job
      > > and live pretty well on 8$ an hour. :)
      > >
      > > Anand

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Anand Menon.

      # 793, Ist Floor, 12th 'B' Cross, 23rd Main,
      J. P. Nagar II Phase,
      Bangalore - 560 078 Karnataka, INDIA.

      Tel: 91 80 30619790
      Mob: 91 80 36921995
      Email: satchitanand_m@...

    • Mr Hicham
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2004
        Greetings everyone,

        I am in the process of developing a PR campaign for an award that is going to be launched by the government. The campaign will be thorough as this award is new and I need to develop all the collaterals and prints�.etc, everything from scratch. My first thoughts are as follows:

        -Identity creation: mission, vision, logo, brochure...etc

        -Press conference announcing the launching of this award competition

        -News releases

        -Interviews with the drivers of this award both in TV and print.

        I am still in the brainstorming process about other possible and effective tactics for this kind of case, and would highly appreciate to hear your thoughts, comments, additions about it.

        Cheers,

        Hicham Amrani

      • Anand Menon