Re: [prbytes] Re: Ideas for Wining a Technology Award?

  • Anand Menon
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2004
      Well Kezia,

      That was great! Did you remember to charge?

      Anand

      kezia_jauron <kezia@...> wrote:
      Who gave them the award? An industry association or a publication?
      Was it selected by experts/editors or by end users? These details
      may make a difference in how you use it.

      Publication awards are nice, but don't expect pickup from any
      competing publications. CRN doesn't care what InfoWorld thinks and
      vice-versa.

      If it's a "users' choice" type of award, even from a pub, you
      probably have a few more options, because your pitches can at least
      say "find out why readers of Network Magazine chose XYZ..." They
      should care what the _readers_ of another pub think if they're
      interested in attracting them.

      If one person is primarily responsible for the award-winning
      features (like the CTO), perhaps he or she could byline an article
      about excellence in software design or "Developing effective
      products for the XYZ market" for the electronic design/OEM pubs. If
      nothing else you could develop this into a speaker abstract for
      relevant shows.

      Of course you will update your boilerplates and bios and
      backgrounders and now use the phrase "award-winning software XYZ" in
      all your materials and pitches. You earned it. They should also
      secure reprint rights for their web site and if the award has a bug
      or logo, and it's prestigious enough, they should consider
      incorporating it into future package designs, or perhaps a blurb
      about the award on the front of the box.

      Perhaps if you gave me more details I could come up with more
      specific thoughts...congratulations.

      --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "detour3" <dtoor@a...> wrote:
      > My client just won a design award for their software. Other than a
      > press release to local and national technology trades, any other
      > suggestions on how to leverage this for publicity or marketing
      > purposes?

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Anand Menon.

      # 793, Ist Floor, 12th 'B' Cross, 23rd Main,
      J. P. Nagar II Phase,
      Bangalore - 560 078 Karnataka, INDIA.

      Tel: 91 80 30619790
      Mob: 91 80 36921995