RE: [prbytes] Convention Show Dailies

  • Janine Krasicky
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 9, 2004
      I agree that show dailies can be a great way to get exposure for your
      clients. A few examples . One of my clients was featured in a few articles
      in the show dailies for the Society of Automotive Engineering show in
      Detroit this year. My client was congratulated by several attendees and
      other exhibitors for being featured. We also noticed that it helped with
      getting attention of the other media who were covering the show. I say
      exposure never hurts!

      When I worked for a robotics firm, we were also featured in a show daily for
      a plastics show and found that several attendees stopped by the booth with
      the article in hand.

      I also recommend that you try to place an article in one of the magazines
      vs. place an advertorial in the publications that will be distributed prior
      to or at the show. If you can get an editor interested, it will mean more
      to the readers.

      Best regards,

      Janine

      Janine Krasicky
      Founder
      J9 Media Solutions, LLC
      248.542.3991
      janine@...
      www.j9media.com

      J9 Media Solutions -- integrated public relations & marketing communications

      _____

        > What's the conventional wisdom regarding the value of convention show
        daily
        > publications versus pre-show paid space leading up to a show?
        >

        > I have a client attending the annual gathering for the printing industry
        > this fall, and they're conflicted about buying pre-show advertising and
        > advertorial space in one of the leading monthlies leading up to the show.
        > The publication makes the claim that show dailies are seen by only 16
        > percent of show attendees and are the least used information vehicle in
        any
        > industry. The publication contends that, for this show at least,
        attendees
        > plan who they want to see in advance of walking the show floor to maximize
        > their time at the show.
        >

        > Thoughts? Opinions? Rants?
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > Bob Reed
        >

        > Bob Reed
        >

        > Fact-Based B2B Marketing and Sales Initiatives
        >
        > Direct (630) 579-1770
        >
        > Mobile (630) 258-1493
        >
        > Fax (630) 637-3852
        >
        > Email <mailto:bob@...> bob@...
        >
        > Web <http://www.rurelevant.com/> www.rurelevant.com
        >

        > Receive R-NOTES - Insights and tools to improve your marketing. Visit
        > http//:www.rurelevant.com/rNotes <http://www.rurelevant.com/rNotes>

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pndbjf/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr