Turning Ethics Into Profits

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2004
      A visionary colleague and good net-friend of long standing, Shel Horowitz,
      has scored a hat trick (that's "hockey" for a trifecta, to you dog-racing
      fans out there) with his new proposal to start a movement calling for
      high-level ethics in business.

      One - he's positioned himself as a highly ethical businessman (something
      I've always known him to be) to a wide and growing audience

      Two - he's starting a movement that, while Quixotic (tilting, as it is, at
      the windmill that is nothing less than the face of greed - a powerful
      motivator), still has a chance of actually making a positive difference in
      business, society and the lives of individuals

      Three - come up with an interesting, personal example of "cause marketing"
      (something I've long championed myself) - but this time using the cause to
      market his own new book (rather than using the book to market the cause)

      In all things, Shel has long been an innovator, and I salute him for his
      latest efforts.

      <http://www.principledprofits.com/25000influencers.html>You can learn more
      about this effort, you can sign a strongly-worded pro-ethics pledge, and
      you can buy Shel's book, at .

      I thought about weighing in on ethics myself, but after some reflection, I
      decided to let Shel's efforts stand (for now, at least) on their own clear
      merits. So click on over and take a look - and if you agree that business
      ethics are too precious to be left to Fortune 500 CEOs, give some thought
      to signing on to Shel's crusade.

      Posted by Ned Barnett to <http://barnettmarcom.blogspot.com>Barnett on PR
      at 7/3/2004 03:01:21 PM

      Ned Barnett, APR
      Fellow, ASHMPR

      Barnett Marketing Communications
      Exceptional Marcom Services for Exceptional Clients

      420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3 - 276
      Las Vegas, NV 89110
      Phone: 702-696-1200 * FAX: 702-696-1211
      (if you get voice mail, try cell (702-561-1167) - but cell used only when
      out of the office)
      Ned@...
      NedWriter@... (used on the road)
      http://www.barnettmarcom.com

      Blog - Barnett on PR: http://barnettmarcom.blogspot.com/

      Check out our Breaking News-Letter - A Free Service for PR Pros
      http://barnettmarcom.com/breakingnewsletter.htm

      BMC - A Sound Investment in Exceptional Success