Reason Magazine using latest technology to individualize 40,000 covers

  • Richard B Barger ABC APR
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2004
      The Libertarian magazine, "Reason," is taking a technological leap with
      its June issue, on the presses now.

      Each of its 40,000 home- and office-delivered copies will have a
      personalized cover -- a satellite photo of the subscriber's
      neighborhood, with the home or office delivery location circled in red
      -- as well as some personalized ads and text.

      We've reached a nexus of mass customization and personalization and
      individualization and database technology. It's either Big Brother run
      amok, Matrix-style, or it is a boon to magazine subscribers, much like
      cookies on Web sites. Either way, it definitely is the portent of
      things to come.

      I just posted a detailed piece about this, including a shot of a sample
      cover, on CornerBarPR.com:
      http://www.cornerbarpr.com/spikedarticles/index.cfm?catid=1005

      Cheers!

      Rich Barger, ABC, APR