Dallas Based Publisher Looking for PR Head

  • glenn@yeffeth.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      If you know a very good PR person in Dallas or willing to come, this
      is an amazing opportunity for the right person. We're open to
      working with someone with great potential but limited experience.

      I think this post is spot on for this group, but if the moderator
      thinks it's inappropriate please let me know and I'll remove it.

      Glenn Yeffeth
      Publisher
      BenBella Books
      www.benbellabooks.com

      Marketing & Publicity Director

      Fast-growing entrepreneurial publisher is looking for a Marketing &
      Publicity Director to take responsibility for publicity and
      marketing for our entire line. BenBella has had great success in
      marketing and publicity to date, but we are looking to take our
      capabilities to the next level. This is an incredible opportunity
      for the right individual to join an up-and-coming publisher with the
      mandate to build a superior marketing and publicity capability.

      Responsibilities will include developing and building our marketing
      capabilities, designing marketing plans for each title, developing
      and implementing press campaigns and materials, pitching the press,
      developing and implementing Internet campaigns, and managing one or
      more marketing interns.

      BenBella's culture is entrepreneurial, hard-working and demanding,
      while being relaxed, casual, friendly, non-competitive and fun. The
      right candidate will be a good cultural fit.

      The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and
      personal qualities:

      • At least three years of experience in public relations, ideally in
      book publishing, with a wide range of media contacts
      • Excellent oral and written communication skills for media pitches
      on the phone, in-person, and in press releases and letters
      • Experience with Internet marketing; website development skills a
      plus. A strong comfort level with databases and the Internet is
      essential
      • Intelligent, friendly and flexible
      • Strong organization skills
      • Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with
      creativity, grace and humor
      • The desire and ability to build a marketing organization that
      grows as we do

      Interested candidates should send their resumes via e-mail to the
      Publisher, Glenn Yeffeth, at glenn@....