contract question

  • Jube
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2004
      Well, I'm at a new level in my business. Before I always had a group of
      people that I knew and had a history with to actually build the sites
      for my clients. So there were understandings between us in working with
      my clients. That is, they were not to change any of the passwords, they
      were not to contact my clients, and they were not to *mess* with the site.

      Now, because my business is growing and my other people have gotten
      other employment, I am having to talk with people I don't know about
      building the websites. Yes, I can build websites, just realize I'm more
      of a marketing person/designer than an engineer, hammering out the site.
      And I seem to be blessed in being a rainmaker.

      Do any of you have copies of contracts, or contract forms that you use
      when sub contracting web work? I really don't want to pay my attorney
      $300 for him to tell his secretary to push a button and give me his
      template ;-) But I do want to be covered so any new people will not
      *mess* with the websites. TIA
      --
      Blessings,
      .· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2004
        Jube

        You don't need a lawyer, and you don't need a template. You covered the
        key points here.

        Just write out a page or two of "Thou Shalt Nots" (number them to make it
        look "official") and get them to sign it.

        Make it clear that this is a "one strike and you're out" set of rules.

        That should do it.

        At 09:42 PM 1/7/2004 -0600, you wrote:
        >Well, I'm at a new level in my business. Before I always had a group of
        >people that I knew and had a history with to actually build the sites
        >for my clients. So there were understandings between us in working with
        >my clients. That is, they were not to change any of the passwords, they
        >were not to contact my clients, and they were not to *mess* with the site.
        >
        >Now, because my business is growing and my other people have gotten
        >other employment, I am having to talk with people I don't know about
        >building the websites. Yes, I can build websites, just realize I'm more
        >of a marketing person/designer than an engineer, hammering out the site.
        > And I seem to be blessed in being a rainmaker.
        >
        >Do any of you have copies of contracts, or contract forms that you use
        >when sub contracting web work? I really don't want to pay my attorney
        >$300 for him to tell his secretary to push a button and give me his
        >template ;-) But I do want to be covered so any new people will not
        >*mess* with the websites. TIA
        >--
        >Blessings,
        >.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
        > ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
        > ((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-Jube
        > -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
        ><http://www.NetMediaConsultants.com>http://www.NetMediaConsultants.com
        >Practical Public Relations
        >On and Off the Net

        > *
      • A. M. F.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2004
          I went hunting for sample contracts the may be or may not be
          directly related to your needs for a contract...
          But, at least these links are possible starting points for
          reviewing, and "copying" to help meet your needs.

          http://www.websitedesignbiz.com/website_contract.htm
          http://resellers.tucows.com/opensrs/contracts
          http://www.innovativeminds.com/network/policy.php

          There is a generic svs. agreement on the front page of our website
          free to download: http://www.texaswebdevelopers.com

          http://companyofexperts.net/coeagreement.html

          Also, I have a contract copy for technical work from my previous
          project wherein we as a nonprofit subcontracted out the technical
          upgrades and other work needed for an ecommerce site with a company
          that originally worked on the half.com website E-bay purchased. But
          I am not sure I can legally share that.

          Genuinely,
          Alice M. Fisher-who must revamp the website at my new place of
          employment.
          http://www.interiordesignexpo.com/showednj/press-release.asp

        • webmaster@suchmuch.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 19, 2004
            Dear Jube, Ned and Friends,

            I can definitely relate to getting subcontractors on the same-page of
            procedure. Not to mention, trust. Based on your own position of
            professionalism, I would think they would be grateful to work with you. I'm
            here in NYC and I can tell you that finding others with similiar work ethics
            isnt easy. I'd work with you any day. Sorry I cant stay long, been deploying
            http://www.cb8m.com all weekend and am exhausted.

            Glad to see there is others worth their salt on the list.

            Steve
            Suchmuch.com

            I went hunting for sample contracts the may be or may not be
            directly related to your needs for a contract...
            But, at least these links are possible starting points for
            reviewing, and "copying" to help meet your needs.

            http://www.websitedesignbiz.com/website_contract.htm
            http://resellers.tucows.com/opensrs/contracts
            http://www.innovativeminds.com/network/policy.php

            There is a generic svs. agreement on the front page of our website
            free to download: http://www.texaswebdevelopers.com

            http://companyofexperts.net/coeagreement.html

            Also, I have a contract copy for technical work from my previous
            project wherein we as a nonprofit subcontracted out the technical
            upgrades and other work needed for an ecommerce site with a company
            that originally worked on the half.com website E-bay purchased. But
            I am not sure I can legally share that.

            Genuinely,
            Alice M. Fisher-who must revamp the website at my new place of
            employment.
            http://www.interiordesignexpo.com/showednj/press-release.asp

            --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, Jube <Jube@n...> wrote:
            > Well, I'm at a new level in my business. Before I always had a
            group of
            > people that I knew and had a history with to actually build the
            sites
            > for my clients. So there were understandings between us in
            working with
            > my clients. That is, they were not to change any of the
            passwords, they
            > were not to contact my clients, and they were not to *mess* with
            the site.

            > Now, because my business is growing and my other people have
            gotten
            > other employment, I am having to talk with people I don't know
            about
            > building the websites. Yes, I can build websites, just realize
            I'm more
            > of a marketing person/designer than an engineer, hammering out the
            site.
            > And I seem to be blessed in being a rainmaker.
            >
            > Do any of you have copies of contracts, or contract forms that you
            use
            > when sub contracting web work? I really don't want to pay my
            attorney
            > $300 for him to tell his secretary to push a button and give me
            his
            > template ;-) But I do want to be covered so any new people will
            not
            > *mess* with the websites. TIA
            > --
            > Blessings,
            > .· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
            > ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
            > ((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-Jube
            > -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
            > http://www.NetMediaConsultants.com
            > Practical Public Relations
            > On and Off the Net

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            To visit your group on the web, go to:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • anand menon
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 20, 2004
              Jude,

              there are many templates on the www. all you would
              need to do is enter the search criteria (EG, Customer
              / Client Contracts / agreements) in a search engine
              like google and pick the most appropriate agreement
              that you think will fit your need. you could also edit
              them and tailor make it for you requirement.

              Best,
              Anand.

              =====
              Anand Menon.