PR Magic

  • Glenn Bishop
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2003
      Big business uses entertainers in one way or the other all the time
      in Public Relations. During the 1960's trade shows came into the
      business world. People from all over the world go to trade shows to
      buy and sell different products and services for all kinds of
      products.

      Business want to look their best at these shows so they started to
      employ close up magicians to attract crowds and do magic with a tie
      in to their product. My Father (The Late Billy Bishop) was a pioneer
      of this kind of magic PR and wrote several chapters for Magic Inc...
      In their Success Books Series.

      Booking a magician to attract crowds to a booth is good PR for the
      company.

      Besides the trade show companies have also booked magicians to
      entertain customers in a hospitality room.

      One of the more interesting companies I have performed this kind of
      work for was Enesco... They sort of do their own privet trade show
      right at the company. They fly in the customers and treat them to a
      fine time in Chicago. Besides other entertainment's they had a night
      club set up at the company headquarters.

      As a final act of good PR they booked me to entertain their customers
      in this night club with close up magic. Each table had a small group
      and a company rep that would invite me over to entertain when they
      felt the time was right. Then they would take them on a tour of the
      company.

      Red carpet all the way... The PR that I saw that company do that
      weekend was outstanding! And is a good example of how PR departments
      use entertainment to get more business!

      Best ahead,

      Glenn Bishop
      www.mrhypnotist.org