New to the group again!

  • Glenn Bishop
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2003
      Perhaps you have a hard time seeing the connection between Public
      Relations and show business. In my personal view point - public
      relations is show business. Every show I do is public relations and a
      booking tool for another show.

      Most of the people I work with are public relations people. Yes, the
      public relations people often book entertainment! It doesn't matter
      if it is a close up show for Philip Morris or a stage hypnosis show
      for a special event.

      Also - the art of getting a product or a service on television or in
      the newspapers is also public relations. In the old days many
      entertainers used to have a PR person do the PR work. Now it is the
      PR people that book the entertainers...

      The post was just show background on me... But PR is show business...
      The only difference is that many PR people are in an office dealing
      with ideas... And I am on the front lines dealing with the public
      taking those ideas into action!

      Best ahead,

      Glenn Bishop
      www.mrhypnotist.org