Re: CMO Council Summit: Performance Multiplied

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2003
      A bad sales pitch on technology marketing? From Silicon Valley?
      Maybe it reflects what's left after tech wiped out tens of thousands
      of pr and marketing pros. More likely, it's the same old, same old
      driven by techies who still don't "get" pr/marketing and have the
      results to prove it!

      --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, Ned Barnett <interned@a...> wrote:

      > You'd think a canned sales pitch sent to PR professionals (who
      presumably
      > write such things) would be better handled. More conversational,
      more
      > colleague-to-colleague.
      >
      > At least I would.
      >
      > What a turn-off ...
      >
      > At 07:01 PM 8/29/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      > >The imperative to deliver more with less has never been greater.
      The
      > >continued turbulence in technology is challenging marketing
      > >organizations to be more efficient, effective and accountable.
      > >Multiplying the performance of a downsized organization has
      become the
      > >new marketing imperative.
      > >
      > >Here's your chance to address pressing issues and needs in the
      > >technology marketing sector. Engage in interactive invention
      sessions,
      > >collaborative "best practice" exercises, knowledge sharing
      activities,
      > >strategic partner dialogues, and professional relationship
      building in
      > >an informal, stimulating environment.
      > >
      > >Confer with our prominent advisory board and other veteran
      marketing
      > >figures in the industry. Network and learn about innovative
      industry
      > >strategies, collaborate on creative solutions and challenges, and
      gain
      > >valuable insights from industry luminaries.
      > >
      > >For more information, please contact Robin Lutchansky at 650-328-
      5555
      > >ext. 122 or email her at robin@g...
      > >
      > >Price $495
      > >
      > ><http://www.cmocouncil.org>http://www.cmocouncil.org
      > >

      > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >
      ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=
      1707248654:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi
      -bin/hit?page=1374-105951838331032>519f8.jpg

    • edbuice@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
        At the risk of sounding like I'm just taking cheap shots......exactly what
        the heck IS the CMO Council?? I went to the web site and still can't figure it
        out. There are a lot of pretty words......such as:

        "The CMO Council provides authority leadership in the complex, challenging,
        ill-defined and often misunderstood technology marketing and branding field.
        Few avenues and channels exist for senior technology marketing decision-makers
        to socialize and interact with their peers. New channels and avenues are
        accessible for views and opinions. New mentoring roles can be assumed and greater
        visibility and stature can be obtained in the industry through the council. This
        is an enlightening, engaging and rewarding experience for those that are
        chosen."

        But what does it all MEAN?? Seriously.

        Ed