Looking for a Special type of PR Agency

  • almoslino
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      I'm looking for a special type of Agency to represent a new type of
      company.

      We are a startup in Silicon Valley, but we have a 'social conscience'
      andare looking for a PR Agency with similar beliefs. However, it
      still needs to be of at least med. size, we will be going strong into
      the consumer market and need an agency with strong tech ties, strong
      consumer ties, particularly education and nonprofit.

      Anyone out there with some recommendations?
      thanks
      dave
    • Tracy Tramel
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2002
        Dave:
        Without stepping on Peter's toes , I too was working for a company, DME Interactive Holdings, Inc., that sought to balance it's social conscious with the bottom line. Our mission was to help bridge the digital divide by providing both a PC and internet access to low income urban communities. (We were partnered with AOL/CompuServe and Hewlett Packard.)
        Two Agencies to give a call:
        Westhill PartnersDeborah L. Hayes, Partner (Also former PR Superstar for Oprah) 212-532-5217 The Caraway GroupYolanda Caraway/ LIbi Sprow202-965-2810 Hope that helps. We ended up using them both for different phases of the project. Best, Tracy Tramel - tracytramel@...
        Peter Shankman <peter@...> wrote: Dave:

        You're more than welcome to give me a call - When I was the CEO of The Geek
        Factory (the agency I sold last year) I'd give my employees a day off per
        month to do volunteer work- one worked with kids, one with the blind... It
        was really a great thing.

        I'd be happy to speak further with you, if you so desire. I'm at
        peter@... or 212-239-9620.

        Best,

        -Peter

        At 04:36 PM 5/1/02 +0000, you wrote:
        >I'm looking for a special type of Agency to represent a new type of
        >company.
        >
        >We are a startup in Silicon Valley, but we have a 'social conscience'
        >andare looking for a PR Agency with similar beliefs. However, it
        >still needs to be of at least med. size, we will be going strong into
        >the consumer market and need an agency with strong tech ties, strong
        >consumer ties, particularly education and nonprofit.
        >
        >Anyone out there with some recommendations?
        >thanks
        >dave

        Peter Shankman
        peter@...
        www.shankman.com

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Peter Shankman
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2002
          Dave:

          You're more than welcome to give me a call - When I was the CEO of The Geek
          Factory (the agency I sold last year) I'd give my employees a day off per
          month to do volunteer work- one worked with kids, one with the blind... It
          was really a great thing.

          I'd be happy to speak further with you, if you so desire. I'm at
          peter@... or 212-239-9620.

          Best,

          -Peter

          At 04:36 PM 5/1/02 +0000, you wrote:
          >I'm looking for a special type of Agency to represent a new type of
          >company.
          >
          >We are a startup in Silicon Valley, but we have a 'social conscience'
          >andare looking for a PR Agency with similar beliefs. However, it
          >still needs to be of at least med. size, we will be going strong into
          >the consumer market and need an agency with strong tech ties, strong
          >consumer ties, particularly education and nonprofit.
          >
          >Anyone out there with some recommendations?
          >thanks
          >dave

          Peter Shankman
          peter@...
          www.shankman.com
        • Martin Habalewsky/DE
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2002
            TO: Dave

            See information, below, from Eiler Communications, based in Ann Arbor, Mich., but with a significant office in Silicon Valley.

            Please contact: Larry T. Eiler, president, 734-761-3399 or email: larry@....

            Marty Habalewsky

            The social part of our work includes several years of work for The Breast Cancer Fund in which 17 breast-cancer survivors climbed Mt. Aconcagua, raised $2.5 million and we got massive international, national and regional PR. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation for which we have done enormous work on the "Race for the Cure" also in San Francisco. We have very strong tech and non profit ties and good ties with education through work with the San Francisco Heart Institute to educate physicians on treatment modalities, Pfizer
            on community awareness in Michigan and EMU Worldwide, the online
            education and training arm of Eastern Michigan University. There are
            lots of other examples but this should suffice to respond. Thanks
            for asking, Larry.

            >>> almoslino@... 05/01/02 11:36AM >>>