Public Opinion Article & Teory

  • Jajang Hernandar
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2002
      Hi All,

      Do you have any article or theory on how to built public opinion.
      I need it for my thesis....

      Regards
      Jajang Hernandar
    • David P. Dillard
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2002
        Here are some article citations that may be useful to your research:

        RESEARCH NOTE: Testing the Limits of Elite Influence on Public Opinion: An
        Examination of Sports Facility Referendums
        Author: Paul, David M; Brown, Clyde
        Source: Political research quarterly.
        54, no. 4, 2001 p. 871

        The Dual Influence of Self-Interest and Societal Interest in Public
        Opinion
        Author: Funk, Carolyn L
        Source: Political research quarterly. 53, no. 1, 2000 p. 37

        Capturing and Creating Public Opinion in Survey Research.
        Author: Simmons, Carolyn J.; Bickart, Barbara A.; Lynch, John G., Jr.
        Source: The Journal of consumer research.
        20, no. 2 September 1993 p. 316

        Public Opinion and Corporate Expression: In Search of the Common Good
        Author: Badaracco, Claire Hoertz, PhD
        Source: Public Relations Quarterly
        41, no. 3 Fall 1996 p. 14-19

        How advertising works on the WWW: modified elaboration likelihood model.
        Author: Cho, Chang-Hoan.
        Source: Journal of Current Issues and Research in Advertising
        21 no. 1 Spring 1999 p. 33-50

        Identifying who dislikes television advertising: not by demographics
        alone.
        Author: Alwitt, Linda F.; Prabhaker, Paul R.
        Source: Journal of Advertising Research
        34 November/December 1994 p. 17-29

        Capturing and creating public opinion in survey research.
        Author: Simmons, Carolyn J.; Bickart, Barbara A.; Lynch, John G.,
        Source: The Journal of Consumer Research
        20 September 1993 p. 316-29

        I hope that this selection of articles will help you with your research.

        Sincerely,
        David Dillard
        Temple University
        (215) 204 - 4584