Police image and credibility

  • Srinivasan K
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2001
      dear friends
      i am addressing the senior Indian Police Service
      Officers next week on "Public Image and
      credibility". The participants are senior police
      officials holding high positions from the various
      states of India. This programme is organised by
      the Government of India.

      i will be happy if you can give me some input and
      share your experience if any. Please also
      indicate to me any websites that can provide good
      materials.

      please reply offline at prpoint@...

      srinivasan
      prime point, madras, india
    • David P. Dillard
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2001
        There are a number of articles and papers that discuss matters related to
        the credibility of the police that may be helpful to you that are either
        published or abstracted on the web. Here is a list of some candidates for
        useful articles regarding police credibility with their website URLs.

        Media Interviews: A Systematic Approach For Success
        By James L. Vance, M.S.
        <http://www.fbi.gov/publications/leb/1997/feb971.htm>

        The Invisible Audioscapes of Police Broadcasts
        Rick Prelinger
        <http://eserver.org/bs/48/prelinger.html>

        -------------------

        This one just for amusement as it is about India:

        Credibility on test
        Only a comprehensive audit of the administration of cricket can
        serve to restore public faith in the game.
        SUKUMAR MURALIDHARAN
        <http://www.flonnet.com/fl1709/17090160.htm>

        --------------------

        Monday, July 17, 2000
        Timoney's future rides on beating
        by Mark McDonald
        Daily News Staff Writer
        <http://widgette.com/Y2K/RNC/Timoney_beating.html>

        In the Matter of Jesse Caron:
        Lessons for Agency Administrators
        and Direct Care Staff on Abuse Cover-Up
        Case #14
        <http://www.cqc.state.ny.us/case14.htm>

        Buyer Beware
        What to look for when you hire a school security consultant
        BY KENNETH S. TRUMP AND CURTIS LAVARELLO
        <http://www.asbj.com/security/contents/0301trump.html>

        Cumulative Index of Senior Leadership Research Papers
        Charter Class through Class Seven
        Ethics and Integrity in Criminal Justice
        This section also includes papers about
        professional standards and discipline.
        <http://www.fcjeia.org/ethics_in_criminal_justice.htm#manley>

        Title: "Leadership and Perception"
        Author: Michael A. Keller
        Attributed To: Police Chief
        Date of Last Update: 03/01/1999
        <http://www.mungovconsultants.com/PSpercep.htm>

        Serious threats to the future of policing
        by Robert C. Trojanowicz
        <http://www.ssc.msu.edu/~cj/cp/serious.html>

        I hope that these resources will prove useful to you.

        David Dillard
        Temple University
        (215) 204 - 4584
        jwne@...

        -----------------------------------

      • edbuice@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2001
          In a message dated 12/4/2001 1:38:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          prpoint@... writes:

          << dear friends
          i am addressing the senior Indian Police Service
          Officers next week on "Public Image and
          credibility". The participants are senior police
          officials holding high positions from the various
          states of India. This programme is organised by
          the Government of India.

          i will be happy if you can give me some input and
          share your experience if any. Please also
          indicate to me any websites that can provide good
          materials. >>

          Feel free to contact me at your convenience if you like.
          I will also email you offline

          Ed Buice
          Chattanooga Police Department
          http://www.chattanooga.gov/police/Admin/MediaDirector.htm
        • edbuice@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2001
            <A HREF="http://www.chattanooga.gov/police/Admin/MediaDirector.htm">Click
            here: Media Director - Ed Buice</A>

            Feel free to contact me with specific questions...
            I'll be glad to help you in any way I can.

            Ed