[prbytes] Re: Any book Recommendations About Public Relations

  • David P. Dillard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2001
      Here are some public relations titles spread over a period of time of
      publication that may prove useful to you and to other members of this
      discussion group.

      The publicity handbook :
      the inside scoop from more than 100 journalists and PR pros on
      how to get great publicity coverage : in print, on-line,
      and on the air
      Author: Yale, David R.; Carothers, Andrew J.
      Publication: Chicago, Ill. : McGraw-Hill, 2001

      Public relations education and the public relations profession
      Author: Hornaman, Lisa Beth.
      Publication: [Florida] : State University System of Florida

      Principals in the public :
      engaging community support : practical resources for public
      engagement, public relations and marketing.
      Publication: Alexandria, VA : Rockville, MD :
      National Association of Elementary School Principals ;
      National School Public Relations Association, 2000

      The rhetorical and organizational nature of public relations :
      the case of General Motors' C/K pickups
      Author: Smudde, Peter M. Publication: 2000

      Public relations and communications for natural
      resource managers
      Author: Fazio, James R.; Gilbert, Douglas L.
      Publication: Dubuque, Iowa : Kendall/Hunt Pub. Co., 2000

      Jim Macnamara's public relations handbook :
      a practical guide to the planning, management and
      measurement of modern public relations by one of the
      industry's most respected leaders
      Author: Macnamara, Jim R.; Macnamara, Jim R.;
      Macnamara, Jim R.
      Publication: Melbourne : Information Australia, 2000

      Using public relations strategies to promote your nonprofit
      organization
      Author: Kinzey, Ruth Ellen.
      Publication: New York : Haworth Press, 2000 1999

      Marketing public relations :the hows that make it work
      Author: Henry, Rene A.
      Publication: Ames : Iowa State University Press, 2000 1995

      Dartnell's public relations handbook
      Author: Dilenschneider, Robert L.
      Publication: Chicago : Dartnell Corp., 1996

      Toward a comprehensive history of public relations
      Author: Byerly, Carolyn M.
      Publication: 1993

      Targeted public relations :
      how to get thousands of dollars of free publicity for your product,
      service, organization, or idea
      Author: Bly, Robert W.
      Publication: New York : H. Holt, 1993

      Be your own PR expert :
      the complete guide to publicity and public relations
      Author: Penn, Bill.
      Publication: London : Piatkus, 1992

      Experts in action :
      inside public relations
      Author: Cantor, Bill,; Burger, Chester.
      Publication: New York : Longman, 1989

      Fund raising and public relations :
      a critical guide to literature and resources
      Author: Dannelley, Paul
      Publication: Norman : University of Oklahoma Press, 1986

      A basic PR guide for charities
      Author: McIntosh, Dorothy.; McIntosh, Alastair.
      Publication: London : Directory of Social Change, 1985

      Public relations: a comprehensive bibliography.
      Author: Bishop, Robert L.
      Publication: [College Park, Md., College of Journalism,
      University of Maryland] 1974 1975

      Public relations review. Public relations bibliography.
      Publication: College Park, Md. :
      The Foundation for Public Relations Research and Education
      (annual)

      I hope that group members will derive benefit from these resources.

      Sincerely,
      David Dillard
      Temple University
      (215) 204 - 4584