Job opening - Indianapolis Senior Web Writer/Marketer

  • LaSalle, Kim
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2000
      Hi, all:

      Thought I would forward this for a friend. I am not
      the contact for this position, so please do not reply
      to me.

      If you have an interest, contact:

      Deborah New
      USA Group
      Marketing Communications
      dnew@...

      Cheers,

      Kim

      Kim LaSalle, Engagement Manager
      (zentropy:partners)
      515 Olive Street
      St. Louis, MO 63101
      Ph: 314.552.6731
      Fax: 314.231.8808
      klasalle@...
      http://www.zentropypartners.com

      Senior Web Writer/Marketer
      Step up in the Web game, and become a part of USA Group's expanding
      e-business initiative. If you've got several years of successful Web writing
      and interactive marketing experience and want a dynamic new opportunity, USA
      Group is looking for a Senior Web Writer/Marketer. Responsibilities include
      working with our fast-moving, dynamic e-business team:
      · Creating and/or editing well-written, accurate Web-friendly content
      developed through interviews or other existing sources. Work with other
      Editorial staff to ensure consistency of message, style and delivery of the
      content.
      · Pursuing interactive marketing strategies and tactics to increase the
      interactivity of usagroup.com including: cross-promotion with traditional
      marketing; maximized search engine placement; advertising and sponsorship
      promotions; electronic direct mail; online surveys/polls; online
      newsletters; and developing special pages that can be used for promotions,
      such as contests and coupon offers.
      We need:
      · Five to eight years experience with writing/reporting, planning, project
      management (including tactical implementation) and client work, including
      2-3 years successfully marketing online.
      · A bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Business, Marketing or
      Communications; specific field(s) of study: English, Communications,
      Business or Technology, if accompanied by Journalism or Communications
      curriculum.
      · A self-starter who has the initiative to identify and suggest new ideas
      and then make them happen. Someone who can take responsibility for a
      project, from concept through online completion, or simply edit content.
      Rapid decision-making skills.
      · An adventurer who enjoys challenge and change in the wild Web world, yet
      has a strong understanding of Web-based technologies and Internet business
      and content models.
      · Demonstrated ability to understand a marketplace as it relates to
      competitive offerings to a target segment. The ability to learn and
      understand customer needs and build relationships.
      · The ability to work in a multi-tasked environment with a keen eye for
      coordinating resources to go to market in a prompt and efficient manner.