      Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 11:41 AM
      Subject: [SPAM] RE: [PRQuorum] RE: [prbytes] Re: [PRMindshare] Tattoos and the military - a PR-driven move ...

      I use "lookism" in scare quotes of course. But how does the notion of personal choice vs. birth extrapolate to, say, dyed hair? Is a 20-something worker with an obvious dye job to be evaluated differently than a 60-something worker with an obvious dye job? Or the many African-American women who choose to leave their hair natural instead of chemically processed, which is regarded as a more professional self-presentation. In France they have gone ape-poo over Muslim women who wear headcoverings to school or work. I just don't think the lines are so clear.

      Posted by: kezia@...