6286RE: [PRQuorum] RE: [prbytes] Re: [PRMindshare] Tattoos and the military - a PR-driven move ...

    Jul 15, 2014
      There is plenty of precedent for employers refusing to accept job candidates based on visible tattoos. I don't know if it is fair or legal to hold the U.S. military to a different standard than, say, an airline that won't hire people with tattoos on their arms or legs as flight attendants.

      I understand companies and organizations wanting to present a particular image. Having said that, I find it somewhat distasteful that employers can engage in "lookism" like this. It does not mesh with my concept of a so-called free society. So in the sense of reputation, it seems like either nobody should be allowed to discriminate on the basis of bodily modification, or everyone should be allowed to discriminate, including the military.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic