6188RE: [prbytes] RE: XP: Do you make a lot of presentations?

    Dec 11, 2013
      Lois - my experience back when I was with Fleishman-Hillard (very big on PPT
      presentations) was that they:

      a. Didn't have a clue
      b. Didn't know they didn't have a clue
      c. Didn't know where to find a clue, should they decide they don't have
      one

      They wrote very dense PPTs designed to be read - which the prospects did,
      instead of listening to the presentation.

      I'm guessing that those agencies who use PPTs probably need your help a lot
      - but equally, at least some of them are pretty sure that they don't need
      your help, since they don't see their mistakes as problems.

      It becomes a multi-step sell - first, "you've got a problem" . then "there
      is a solution" . then "we have that solution."

      Then all you need is a sense of urgency and a call to action. Your ideal
      target might be the head of sales for an agency - sell her and she'll send
      her troops. Sell the troops, one-on-one, and you could offend her (she
      doesn't know she has a problem).

      "Sell" items include:

      1. Price point
      2. Venue (and the really great food served there)
      3. Networking and social networking opportunities
      4. Peer pressure
      5. A sense of career-foreboding
      6. Available budget and time (when this will be held vs. the budget
      year, etc.)

      I'm going to assume that you surveyed PR people to find out what tasks they
      feel they need help with. From my days as an advanced-level-PR college
      professor, they typical young PR person is cloaked in a sense of cosmic
      invulnerability (the insecure go into administrative jobs). Getting them to
      see this as great help will be tough, hence the focus on the social elements
      in what I perceive as the decision-tree for them.

      I hope this helps, and if you'd like to talk it through, please give me a
      shout.

      From: prbytes@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:prbytes@yahoogroups.com%3cmailto:prbytes@yahoogroups.com>