5732Re: Blogger addresses?

  • Kirkpatrick, Lois M.
    Jan 6, 2012
      Ned writes:

      <<I think that "creating a relationship" could be limited to an email, saying,
      "Hi, Bob. I see that your PR blog covers X and Y on a fairly regular basis,
      and I'm wondering if you'd consider publishing a guest blog on Z, which as
      you know is closely related to X and Y."

      Something like that - it shows that you know something about their blog
      (topically) and that what you'd like to submit is related in some way to
      what they cover. That should be sufficient "relationship-building". or so
      it seems to me.>>

      Ned, what you've described is what I'd call "pitching a story." When someone suggests "relationship building," that means, at a minimum, reading and commenting on a specific blog on a regular basis for several months. Ideally, it could also include exchanging a few emails/texts/calls on top of that. So pitching and relationship building are two totally different animals.

      Not that I'm arguing with you. I actually prefer what you've outlined above. Thanks!

      Lois Kirkpatrick, Manager
      Marketing & Strategic Analysis
      Office for Children
      Fairfax County Dept. of Family Services