5719Re: [prbytes] Blogger addresses?

  • Robert French
    Jan 5, 2012
      Lois, if they have their own domain name you can do a WHOIS search and
      perhaps find their email address.

      Another good way is to have your organization give you a second email
      address used solely for media contacts like this.
      lois.blogger.relations@... or some such address -- I'm sure
      you can come up with a better one. Use that to go in and comment on their
      blog. Provide the address as lois.blogger.relations(at)fairfaxcounty.gov
      ... to allow them to write to you.

      Lots of bloggers just don't want the media spam. I get between 30 and 50
      absolutely inane pitches and releases every day. Pitches for topics and
      issues I have *never* written about. I groan and keep a list of them. I
      show the pitches to my students and say, "Don't be this goober. Don't
      spray and pray. Develop relationships .... not lists that you haven't

      Hope that helps.

      This e-mail is private and is not intended for publication or
      Robert French

      "Tell me, and I forget. Teach me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I
      learn." - Benjamin Franklin