4779Re: [prbytes] (X-post) Looking for Liquor or Spirit Sponsor for an Event NEXT WEEK

  • ana lydia ochoa
    Oct 29, 2009
      Stephen et all,

      The grand opening event for UNAM-LA is geared towards an exclusive group of attendees and is not open to the public. Confirmed guests include UNAM officials from Mexico, local government leaders, key people based in LA from local partner universities (including UCLA).

      In addition, UNAM-LA is opening their *office* doors to their *professional/extension* campus, not a *traditional* campus - so the stigma of hosting a "liquor" event on campus doesn't apply.

      In terms of the *image* UNAM wants to portray, well, for those in the *know* and those invited to the event, UNAM has the distinct honor of being THE leading university in Latin America. PERIOD. That being said, UNAM is bringing part of it's culture and uniqueness to LA. And as in Mexico, UNAM LA will emphasis and present events highlighting the cultural beauty of Latin American art, music among other *things.*

      That being said, it is quote common to host *cocktail* receptions at University related events in Latin America.

      Thank you for bringing up this question/issue Stephen, et all - this proves once again, that *cultural relevance* applies not just when reaching ethnic consumers, but also when working with foreign companies.

      --
      Ana Lydia Ochoa
      padma media & marketing, Inc.

      Twitter.com/LatinaPRpro
      LinkedIn.com/AnaLydiaOchoa
      Facebook.com/pages/Los-Angeles-CA/padma-media-marketing/8757051745

      ________________________________
      From: <analydiaochoa@ yahoo.com <mailto:analydiaoch oa%40yahoo. com> >
      To: <prbytes@yahoogroups .com <mailto:prbytes% 40yahoogroups. com> >;
      <PRMindshare@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:PRMindshare %40yahoogroups. com> >;
      <prquorum@yahoogroup s.com <mailto:prquorum% 40yahoogroups. com> >;
      <SmallShopNetwork@ yahoogroups. com
      From: "Ned Barnett" <ned@barnettmarcom. com <mailto:ned% 40barnettmarcom. com>

      Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:14:14
      To: <PRMindshare@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:PRMindshare %40yahoogroups. com> >;
      <prbytes@yahoogroups .com <mailto:prbytes% 40yahoogroups. com> >;
      <prquorum@yahoogroup s.com <mailto:prquorum% 40yahoogroups. com> >;
      <SmallShopNetwork@ yahoogroups. com
      <mailto:SmallShopNe twork%40yahoogro ups.com> >
      Subject: [prbytes] XP - talk about a game changer

      Web Addresses to Include Chinese and Arabic Characters
      BY CALEB JOHNSON (RSS FEED) - OCT 26TH 2009 AT 2:00PM

      Despite what some might say, it's not often that an opportunity comes along
      to change the lives of billions of people. But that's just what the Internet
      Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) will do by changing the
      rules of Web addresses, shaking up the Internet like never before.

      According to the Daily Mail, the ICANN board will pass a resolution this
      Friday that will allow entire Web addresses to be written in non-Latin
      alphabets. Those languages could be anything from Japanese to Arabic, or
      Hindi to Greek. The change means that many people around the world could
      more easily navigate the Web, and even create Web sites in their native
      tongue. Of the 1.6 billion people who use the Internet, about half are
      native speakers of languages that do not use the Latin alphabet. "This is
      the biggest change technically to the Internet since it was invented 40
      years ago," said ICANN chairman Peter Dengate Thrush at a press conference
      in Seoul, South Korea yesterday. If approved, the first non-Roman domain
      names should hit the Web sometime in mid-2010.

      But why now? For years, the group has been testing a new translation system
      to convert multiple scripts into a single address, and it finally feels
      ready to put the system to use.

      We don't want to count our chickens before they hatch, but this is big news,
      folks. It's akin to the introduction of a three-point line in basketball, or
      the forward pass in football. This resolution will totally change the game,
      so you might want to brush up your Arabic or Chinese.

      07:38:00