4499Movie Locations?

    Mar 2, 2009
      Anybody know how I can identify movie locations in San Francisco and in Las
      Vegas? This has got nothing to do with PR, but I'm writing a novel set in
      those two cities (plus Afghanistan and Iraq, but I think I'll just "fake it"
      on those). As a sideline to the story, I want to have the characters
      recognize these sites - often with surprise - and have them react. The lead
      character is a cable news correspondent (a former war correspondent back in
      the states and covering crime) and the blending of reality with "reelity"
      will be a subtext - not a major part of the story, but something to provide
      some local color.

      I've lived in Vegas for nearly 20 years, but I've never seen a movie being
      made - I know one "site" (the laboratory that Rick Moranis worked at in
      "Somebody Blew Up The Baby" is, in fact, the headquarters of the electric
      utility) and I've tried to decipher the crash scene in Con-Air (the plane
      had to zigzag north and south and jink off the Strip to fly by the Hard Rock
      before coming back to the Strip to crash), but I just don't have any other
      locations for either city.

      Suggestions? Help?

      Marketing/PR Fellow, American Hospital Association

      Barnett Marketing Communications

      420 N. Nellis Blvd. A3-276

      Las Vegas NV 89110

      702-696-1200 - ned@...