4420Re: PR Tools for 2009 (please add on)

  • pr.pros
    Jan 8, 2009
      Please contact their owner. You are paranoid.

      Corrective criticism Ned, your website sucks.

      I didn't spam this group. I wanted to start a list of tools for PR
      professionals. It appears to me that I walked into a room filled
      with uptight, self-righteous, judgemental, paranoid..and let me not
      forget RUDE individuals.

      Sorry to crash this party.

      Moderator, please kindly remove me from this group. And, do you
      honesttttlllly think that I'd put MY link to a EMAIL GROUP without
      engaging you -- FIRST about my product. That's true EMAIL MARKETING.

      You are ALL rude!

      I hope that I am allowed to have a rebuttal since my posts are
      moderated. These jerks are trulllllllly closed minded.

      -- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "Eduardo Giansante" <edubatera@...>
      wrote:

      > agree 100% Ned.
      >
      > That's not PR, that's spam.
      >
      > On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Ned Barnett <ned@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Dear pr.pros
      > >
      > > First, I suggest that if you want the help of your colleagues,
      you let us
      > > know who you are. It's just professionally courteous to sign your
      emails,
      > > especially if you're not well-known on the list - plus, you're
      more likely
      > > to get helpful answers.
      > >
      > > Second, if you're going to be a pr.pro, I suggest you work on
      improving
      > > your
      > > grammar and syntax; frankly, your message came across like a
      student's
      > > query
      > > for a paper, and this list doesn't particularly welcome students
      asking us
      > > to do their class work for them (that happens more than you might
      think).
      > > Of course, it could just be a typo - God knows how many of those
      I've
      > > "committed" - but when asking for help, I suggest you put your
      best foot
      > > forward.
      > >
      > > Third, and this is the biggie, if you're asking for help, you
      might want to
      > > set the stage by telling us why you want that help. Give us
      something that
      > > would put your question in context.
      > >
      > > For instance, while I'm not the world's Guru on online resources,
      I do know
      > > that I'm now in my 37th year in PR, and that since 1994, many of
      my clients
      > > and most of my communications (with clients and the media) have
      taken place
      > > online. Yet I don't have a clue what you're really asking, nor
      what you
      > > really want that information for.
      > >
      > > I can tell you that lots of people speak highly of Peter
      Shankman's Help a
      > > Reporter site - I've not yet found it helpful, but then I haven't
      invested
      > > the time needed to work that list. I generally stick to ProfNet,
      but then
      > > again, that's personal choice (and an expensive one) which has
      born fruit
      > > for me since the late 90s. I can't be totally objective about
      Peter's site
      > > - he and I had a falling out a few years ago, and my recent lack
      of
      > > postings
      > > from that list suggest that Peter's not yet ready to let bygones
      be bygones
      > > - but that's got nothing to do with his service. I know my
      webmaster thinks
      > > highly of it.
      > >
      > > I've never heard of Pitch Engine - it may be one of those multi-
      million
      > > spring-up-from-nothing PR sites that seem to have proliferated. I
      get
      > > postings almost daily from half a dozen social networking sites
      that send
      > > me
      > > (to me, useless) information about PR . perhaps this is one of
      them. Or
      > > perhaps it's the best thing since sliced bread. Since I've got no
      clue what
      > > you want it for, I can't even check the site out and give you an
      opinion.

      > > I've at least heard of Media Bistro, but since I'm not looking to
      have
      > > lunch
      > > with a reporter (they always stick me with the check) and because
      I've