4038XP Spam items Probably not welcome (was: [prbytes] FW: Media Contacts Directory - National & Local starting at $29

    Apr 1, 2008
      While I'm not the list-owner on PRBytes, I've been on the list for years
      now, and I have a sense of the "corporate culture" of this list. Based on
      this, I ask that you please do not post forwarded email advertisements on
      this list. Like the other lists you posted this spam advertisement to, this
      is a discussion list.

      At least in my opinion (subject to rulings of the list-owners) you want to
      write a review of the resource, recommend it and put in the review where
      people can get it - and the price - that's fine. But forwarded email
      advertisements are not discussions, and at least from my perspective, they
      are not welcome here - this is a discussion list, not the classifieds.

      Second verse, same as the first.

      When you post anything to this list that you also post to other lists (such
      as PRMindshare), as a courtesy to the other list-members who, like you, are
      "on" several PR discussion lists, please put XP in the subject line (or in
      some other way indicated cross-posting in the subject line).

      This applies to items that spam the list - such as this forwarded email
      advertisement - as well as to legitimate discussion items.

      Thank you.

      Ned Barnett, APR

      Fellow in PR and Marketing, AHA

      Barnett Marketing Communications