3193Re: [prbytes] Press conference -- dead or alive?

    Apr 4 7:40 PM
      Press releases are viable when you have "theater" to go with it - the
      unveiling of a long-awaited new product, the announcement (with
      subsequent Q&A) of a new executive or official, etc.

      However, for run-of-the-mill announcements, fuggidabowtit (at least
      in my opinion)

      Ned

      At 12:38 PM 4/4/2006, you wrote:
      >I'm in a new position and a new city. Although I've worked in PR for a
      >number of years, it's been a while since I've done much media work.
      >The agency I'm working with is wanting to schedule a press conference
      >to announce a new inititive. I'm wondering if that is still a viable
      >option for attracting coverage, especially in a mid-size metro market.
      >Obviously, I know the president does it as do police, etc., but what
      >about other agencies and for something that isn't already on the radar
      >screen?
      >
      >Anyone had experience with this and how has it worked?
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Ned Barnett, APR
      Marketing/PR Fellow, AHA

      Barnett Marketing Communications
      Exceptional Marcom Services for Exceptional Clients

      420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3 - 276 - Las Vegas, NV 89110
      Phone: 702-696-1200 * FAX: 702-696-1211
      ned@... - http://www.barnettmarcom.com

      Barnett on PR: http://barnettmarcom.blogspot.com/
      Barnett on Marketing: http://barnettonmarketing.blogspot.com/
      Barnett on Book Promotion/Marketing/Publishing:
      http://barnettonpublishing.blogspot.com/

      BMC - A Sound Investment in Exceptional Success