3191Re: Press conference -- dead or alive?

  • Mike Driehorst
    Apr 5, 2006
      Generally, yes, news conferences to have a place. Personally, I'd only
      do a news conference if there is big enough news.

      Usually, I'd prefer one-on-one editor interviews. That way each can
      feel they are getting "exclusive" treatment, and personal attention.
      However, those can be difficult to schedule in a single day if you are
      looking for one big announcement.

      Mike
      _____________________________
      Michael Driehorst
      Media Relations Manager
      The Lauerer Markin Group Inc.
      Maumee, OH 43537 U.S.A.
      +419.887-6811 (direct)
      +1.800.535.3212 (ext. 396)
      miked@...
      AIM: mcdriehorst / Y!M: miked918

      --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "djsmith16" <dmoseley@...> wrote:

      > I'm in a new position and a new city. Although I've worked in PR for a
      > number of years, it's been a while since I've done much media work.
      > The agency I'm working with is wanting to schedule a press conference
      > to announce a new inititive. I'm wondering if that is still a viable
      > option for attracting coverage, especially in a mid-size metro market.
      > Obviously, I know the president does it as do police, etc., but what
      > about other agencies and for something that isn't already on the radar
      > screen?
      >
      > Anyone had experience with this and how has it worked?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic