3189Press conference -- dead or alive?

  • djsmith16
    Mar 20, 2006
      I'm in a new position and a new city. Although I've worked in PR for a
      number of years, it's been a while since I've done much media work.
      The agency I'm working with is wanting to schedule a press conference
      to announce a new inititive. I'm wondering if that is still a viable
      option for attracting coverage, especially in a mid-size metro market.
      Obviously, I know the president does it as do police, etc., but what
      about other agencies and for something that isn't already on the radar
      screen?

      Anyone had experience with this and how has it worked?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic